Is Pettis the GOAT lightweight?

WarDosAnjos

Socrates of Sherdog
Banned
Reaction score
Certainly this proves Pettis is the GOAT LW? He should get the next title shot vs Usman. Even my wife's son, who rarely watches combat sports, was like wow that was amazing.

Pettis moved up and fought a guy gigantic in comparison. Looking back there's no doubt in my line he is the greatest LW to ever live.

Gigantic in comparison? You even watch the fight? Thompson wasn't much bigger at all (simply lankier, rangier).

images

Well, he knocked WB out
Till was unable to do it
Woodley was unable to do it
Anthony has underrated power in his hands
But a fight for the belt at WW? One more top 5 win, and then we can talk

Gigantic in comparison? You even watch the fight? Thompson wasn't much bigger at all (simply lankier, rangier).
It was almost as big a difference as Conor vs nate, and that was one of the biggest size difference ever

Guy made a comeback to win his amazing 4th fight out of his last 10!Greatest of all time!!!!1!1 A title shot?WTF lmao.He hasn't had 2 wins in a row since '13 or '14 and what does winning a ww fight have to do with where he stands as a lw?Nothing about this thread makes any sense.

It was almost as big a difference as Conor vs nate, and that was one of the biggest size difference ever

Lmao

Lol people are going wild with this KO. "He was TREEEE times the fooooookin' size of him!"

Pettis looked thick for Pettis and looked like a welter to me. Fairly similar size

Pettis is not a natural WW. He looked like he ate a lot of rice

Woodley (a guy who's spent 50 minutes with Wonderboy in the octagon and one of Pettis' main training partners) in the post fight show said they're both the same size and strength. So I don't know about "gigantic in comparison"

BJ and Bendo have better cases tbh. If Tony ends up with a belt or Khabib defends more than 3 times it'll be them. LW is such a shark tank

BJ and Bendo have better cases tbh. If Tony ends up with a belt or Khabib defends more than 3 times it'll be them. LW is such a shark tank
Bendo? He was gifted a lot of decision wins and Pettis beat him twice in his prime.

Wins once at WW so he should get a shot against a guy who would grind him out worse than RDA? But hey, even your wife’s son who’s a casual observer thinks so...so why not

Pettis is not the greatest LW ever in my opinion. The guy defended his belt only one time successfully. When he did lose it he went on a 3 fight skid. Since the skid he has W - L - W - L - W - L - W.

He is only 32 yrs old right now. That is not a GOAT resume. GOATs don’t lose 3 in a row, and become a .500 fighter over the next 6 fights in their PRIME.

Khabib is the greatest LW I've seen. Maybe it's too early to call him that but I get the same feeling I had thinking Fedor was the greatest HW in 06'.

0/10

does Sherdog have any trolls who even try anymore?

Back