I Guess We Just Found Askren's Next Opponent

LockardTheGOAT

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Unless they rematch he and Robbie again, it's safe to say that Pettis is a logical next opponent, right? I mean, who else is there? Masvidal is probably gonna fight Leon Edwards and Ben isn't gonna fight Woodley for the obvious personal reasons. RDA is fighting Kevin Lee and Usman and Colby are fighting for the championship.

Factor in that Pettis doesn't do well against wrestlers and Ben might be licking his chops at this one.

They won't fight, they are training partners

So, this is the intellectual power of a Sherdog Blackbelt

Unless they rematch he and Robbie again, it's safe to say that Pettis is a logical next opponent, right? I mean, who else is there? Masvidal is probably gonna fight Leon Edwards and Ben isn't gonna fight Woodley for the obvious personal reasons. RDA is fighting Kevin Lee and Usman and Colby are fighting for the championship.

Factor in that Pettis doesn't do well against wrestlers and Ben might be licking his chops at this one.

Even if they would sign to fight, it's a stylistically crap fight.........it has boring written all over it, Askren needs an elite grappler to neutralise the take down, we need to cultivate the inner K1 of Askren, deep inside Askren is a kick boxer waiting to come out......

They are friends and training partners
Not gonna happen

Well, that's stupid. Training partners have fought each other before

Just admit your mistake of not knowing they are training partners, let your thread die and move on. What’s so hard about that. Why the f would they fight eachother.

they're teammates and Pettis already saved himself the embarrassment and verbally conceded a 50-40 Askren result should he ever fall out of favor with the Funk

he's got no time for Lucky Punch Pettis.

Usman, Khabib, GSP -retire

I just saw an article from pettis saying he would have nothing to do with Askren

would save himself the embarrassment.

so no I don't think they will ever fight

Back