blaydes would wrestlef*** DC..like usman to woodley

Ivancho

Amante de las mma
@Brown
Reaction score
fantasy match up, I will bet my house on curtis blaydes against Dc... He is way bigger younger, better cardio, more powerfull and those are FACTS, even if DC is the better wrestler, he will be gaseed out by rd 2 and curtis will destroy him, knees to the belly against the fence, take down and easy ud victory for curtis

Last edited:
DC is a higher level wrestler
Blaydes only has frame on DC

DC is a higher level wrestler
Blaydes only has frame on DC
woodley was the better wrestler on paper vs usman and look what happened.. Dc is old and small for curtis

Blaydes is worse at everything than DC.
When had DC ever gassed out?
The stupidity in this place gets ridiculous sometimes.

It's a tough match-up, that's for sure. Still, I believe DC would find a way to get it done. Doubt we ever get the chance to find out.

I will bet my house on curtis blaydes against Dc
Result..

300px-HomelessParis_7032101.jpg

Wait ... Blaydes could do that but not Brock Lesnar?

Brock Lesnar is million times the athlete Blaydes is + elite wrestler + billion times better chin.

Well, what DC does isn't magic, but yet it is hard to take him down and it's even harder to hold him down.

Don't get me wrong, I understand your optimism, TS.

The essential problem in dealing with DC is his wrestling maturity. He knows what are the rights steps in every position he is in. He would even give you something to let you think you can get him, and then he'll get his reverses.

DC knows how to trade bad positions for better ones and does it intentionally. Similar what Maia does as a submission grappler.

Blaydes is a takedown machine, he's big, he can wrestle longer time periods, he has youth and he would return you on the mat everytime he gets his hands together.

But, DC's wrestling isn't that straight forward. It's not easy to shoot on him because of his striking activity, nor it's easy to control him from any clinch/ground position. DC may not have Woodley's, Whittaker's or Aldo's balance, but DC has developed one of the best ground getups I've ever seen in this sport. Not a single guy could have hold him more than a few seconds.

Last edited:
To be fair though I don't think I've ever seen anyone put DC in a bad spot on the ground. Even when Jones outwrestled him in their first bout, DC was working his way back to his feet quite quickly. I don't recall Jon (who is one of the most dangerous fighters from top position) being able to keep him grounded and inflict damage.

With Woodley and Usman, Woodley of course was rightly noted for his superlative takedown defense throughout much of his career, but we had seen him in a bad position on the ground before. When Rory put him on his back, he absolutely controlled and kept him in a bad spot.

My point being, I wouldn't bank on anyone grounding and dominating DC in the takedown/grappling game when we've never seen such a thing in his career. Not to mention, Blaydes would have to mind his ps and qs to not get clipped as DC has good hands, power, and great dirty boxing.

I like how you saying "FACTS" makes you think your statements are non-negotiable

Wait ... Blaydes could do that but not Brock Lesnar?

Brock Lesnar is million times the athlete Blaydes is + elite wrestler + billion times better chin.
Chin is allright but that diverticulitis tho.

I kind of tend to agree that Blaydes is one of the worst matchups at HW for DC. Not sure DC would get wrestlefucked, but it would be a tough night for him.

Please post your betting slip.

It will remind me of the legendary thread here back in 2011 of Tim Sylvia/ Abe Wagner where the ts made a huge bet on Tim Sylvia and explained how it was free money.

Must’ve been like 50 pages of hilarious comments.

I thought this was a troll thread when I read the title

Had to click for confirmation

Back