True or False: Pettis got lucky loses to Thompson 9/10 times

CombatScience

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Thompson beat Pettis up the whole fight, Pettis landed the lucky shot and took Thompson out.

If they fought 10 times, would you agree that Thompson wins 9/10 times

False. Set it up with his kicks

I believe Thompson would win a rematch yes but it wasn't luck. Anthony aimed that's punch and threw it. It landed.
Do I believe it will happen again? No. It was a 1 in a million situation. Wonderboy had a lapse in judgement which he never usually does.hes usually almost always is in the correct position in the correct stance at the correct time.this time he wasn't, he was wide open and caught cold with no way out at the time Pettis hammered him.

F A L S E

Duke Rufus had a gameplan in mind, Pettis stuck to it and executed it. Start low, finish high. Pettis was setting up the impending hooks after he softened Wonderboy's legs.

How anyone can think this is a fluke really doesn't understand the sport of MMA, and are not being NEARLY as open minded as they should be.

I get the narrative around here is that Anthony Pettis sucks, and is a washed up has been, but this is still a crazy sport that anything can happen in. Just because most of Sherdog was writing Pettis off doesn't make his win any more of a fluke. It's a fight with 4 Oz Gloves on, one punch can change anything, and he set up that ONE PUNCH, the entire fight, AND LANDED IT!

Thompson beat Pettis up the whole fight, Pettis landed the lucky shot and took Thompson out.

If they fought 10 times, would you agree that Thompson wins 9/10 times

Its a fight.. True or false is not for us to decide..its for the fighters in the fight

That said my truth was pettis used the perfect counter/answer back to the side kick..

When you throw a sidekick your stationary afterwards..its one of the few times wonderboy is standing still and pettis saw that and threw the superman knowing wonderboy was out of position

Wonderboy look great technically as always , i think pettis dutch kickboxing style leg kicks were starting to affect wonderboy..he couldn't take 5 rounds of those no1 could

Luck? Sorry, but no. Anthony is a precise guy and plans his strikes

Pettis has 1 win in 1 fight with Wonderboy, that's all you need to know.

What's with trying to downplay the guys win with this hypothetical naval gazing?

F A L S E

Duke Rufus had a gameplan in mind, Pettis stuck to it and executed it. Start low, finish high. Pettis was setting up the impending hooks after he softened Wonderboy's legs.

How anyone can think this is a fluke really doesn't understand the sport of MMA, and are not being NEARLY as open minded as they should be.

I get the narrative around here is that Anthony Pettis sucks, and is a washed up has been, but this is still a crazy sport that anything can happen in. Just because most of Sherdog was writing Pettis off doesn't make his win any more of a fluke. It's a fight with 4 Oz Gloves on, one punch can change anything, and he set up that ONE PUNCH, the entire fight, AND LANDED IT!

Duke was known for crossbody leg kick also known as dutch style ..it was highly effective agaisnt guys in wonderboys stance..looks like pettis has that weapon too

Thompson would win most times but not 9/10. Pettis has shown in several fights that he's always dangerous and can land something out of nowhere. He'd never win a decision and Thompson would avoid taking anything big most times, but it's always possible.

Not the first time Thompson got caught with a fast punch. He's getting older, can't rely on your speed forever.

If you give Pettis space to work with, he absolutely shines.

I think Wonderboy wins majority of the time. Pettis threw that shot with a clear intention to knock Wonderboy out. It wasn’t a random haymaker that landed.

Thompson is probably the better fighter.

but pettis got the job done, lets not call it luck he's been through this before.

Duke was known for crossbody leg kick also known as dutch style ..it was highly effective agaisnt guys in wonderboys stance..looks like pettis has that weapon too

I see, I also feel people are using the Woodley fights in a weird way to discredit Woodley and Duke Rufus instead of realizing that in a way sharing 60 Minutes of Octagon time with him, and over 6 months of training camps set up to prepare for him, really helped Pettis out.

People must have thought Wonderboy was this puzzle Rufus couldn't figure out because Woodley of all Welterweight couldn't finish him, WHICH he could have, but he just to look for a Guillotine instead of continuing to pound WB out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back