Pettis got stopped by Featherweight champ and Wonderboy stopped Middleweight champ

Argument for more weight classes

Let these guys jump around
Fuck belts let's get wild and crazy with it
Have some fun

It just shows cutting weight is overrated.

Whitaker went from good WW to MW Champion
Gastelum is MW title challenger
Pettis went from gatekeeper at FW to KOing WW title challenger
Masvidal went from LW gatekeeper to KOing massive WW
Rumble...
DC
Sanchez

The list is endless. Fuck weight cutting. Fight with a healthy body

WB got caught flush with his hands down. That kind of shot will hurt anyone, regardless of weight.

The list is endless. Fuck weight cutting. Fight with a healthy body
Ain’t it just. This is the highest level in one of the most dangerous sports in the world and these athletes are killing themselevs before the fights even begun. Madness

Holloway stops Woodley confirmed.

It’s interesting but deeper down it’s still styles make fights.
WW RDA probably does similar things to Pettis.
Being said that extra power could help pettis vs pressure wrestlers

Joseph Benavidez is going to KO Cormier.

WB got caught flush with his hands down. That kind of shot will hurt anyone, regardless of weight.

I hate this "hands down" obsession.. What does it matter if he had hands down or hands up as long as he got hit flush..

I hate this "hands down" obsession.. What does it matter if he had hands down or hands up as long as he got hit flush..
Because if your hands are up it's a lot more likely you can use them to help deflect the punch....

Manny gamburyan KOd Jorge Santiago who was a middleweight in the UFC while Manny a featherweight.

Rich clementie beat rumble Johnson despite being lightweight.

Some fighters aren't good when dehydrated.

Not the sharpest pencil in the pencil case are you

Because if your hands are up it's a lot more likely you can use them to help deflect the punch....

It doesn't work like that, and Wonderboy is actually a perfect example of that. This was Wonderboy's 77th kickboxing/pro MMA fight, and the first time he got KO. That means his style of defense has been excellent for him in his career. Odds are he would have been KO a lot more often in 77 fights with a different style. That hands up defense nonsense is meant just for beginners in boxing, and it has even less relevance in MMA for many obvious reasons. Most of the best strikers of all time in MMA and in boxing didn't have a hands up - style defense. Footwork and head movement are far more important especially in MMA.

Holloway stops Woodley confirmed.

Holloway fucks up most of 150, and 170 if they can't take him down and smother him. I honestly think Khabib, and Kamaru Usman are his toughest match ups at Lightweight and Welterweight, maybe throw in Colby and Woodley.

He already has a damn good gas tank at 145, and he cuts a DECENT amount of weight, put him near his natural weight class, he'll NEVER fade, and with more power in his shots, I'd wager most fights don't make it past 3 rounds.

Makes sense Pettis didn’t do the stupid weight cut and now he has more power, endurance and chin.
Of course it makes sense my friend.

Makes you wonder how he was fighting at FW.
Holloway is also a big guy for FW.
That's probably the same reason of why TJ underperfomed at FLW.

Argument for more weight classes

Let these guys jump around
Fuck belts let's get wild and crazy with it
Have some fun
Just 165 would make everything so much better, we'd get so many great fights this way.

Back