Is the Wonderhype finally over?

Claude

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
From being the guy Woodley was absolutely terrified to fight to getting KO'd by Pettis.

What do you think?

I thought inactivity killed it more than anything else

It was over when King Colby called him a 36 year old virgin and a choir boy. He has yet to recover from that verbal KO.

pretty sure there hasn't been any hype around him for a while now

Yes and a guy that is 36 should not have a nickname Wonderboy. It was like Uriah Faber with that California kid bullshit.

When you are pushing 40

it doesn’t work anymore.

I think lightweights are just faster. Till and Wonderboy were both significantly larger than their opponents but they both got hit with punches they didn't see coming and those are the ones that put you out.

Hype?

A man has defeated Whittaker, Cote, Ellenberger, Hendricks, MacDonald, Masvidal and had a razor close fights with Woodley & Till.

It is not a hype.

He's a legit fighter.

Hype?

A man has defeated Whittaker, Cote, Ellenberger, Hendricks, MacDonald, Masvidal and had a razor close fights with Woodley & Till.

It is not a hype.

He's a legit fighter.
yabut he just lost so now he's a can. try and keep up

Thing is he's still good but 170's stacked and he couldn't beat a dude the champ manhandled. So there shouldn't be hype anymore. Think this settles his gatekeeper role, he's going to need to pull some upsets to get back in the discussion. This was really his chance to get back in there and he blew it.

Dude's also pretty old despite his nickname, didn't really have time to waste.

He'll probably stay at the top a while, and we can call him Wonderpoint..

Yes and a guy that is 36 should not have a nickname Wonderboy. It was like Uriah Faber with that California kid bullshit.

When you are pushing 40

it doesn’t work anymore.
His age actually made his nickname make more sense to me. Our generation can remember when Tenacious D was a thing...

I’m old​

He is solid fighter, one of the better strikers we've ever seen on UFC but his striking defense is all about footwork/head movement and as he gets older and older it's much harder to pull it off.

LOL typical sherdog, he got KO'ed for the first time in his pro career and now the man who tied Woodley and lost a split decision in the 2nd fight is done... come on

I think you’re not giving Pettis enough credit. I don’t know why people keep underrating that guy.

Back