hands down MAN DOWN

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Last week it was Darren Till with his hands down and now it’s Wonderboy.

Put your damn hands up.

37r53B2.png

I was saying the same thing during the fight. It's like he was expecting Pettis to shoot.

Last week it was Darren Till with his hands down and now it’s Wonderboy.

Put your damn hands up.

Yup!

This is why i like Petr Yan hands up the entire fight.. Good form. imo

Karate stance left his legs vulnerable. The hands down was bad but usually is neutralized by a size/reach advantage.

They’re just trying to focus their inner chi.

Just bleed shaolin monk.

VagueExcitableCub-size_restricted.gif

It’s not a style that should be used if you’re late into your 30s. Your reflexes aren’t going to be as fast.

It’s actually cringe as fuck when I see someone like Machida try to fight with his hands down.

It’s not a style that should be used if you’re late into your 30s. Your reflexes aren’t going to be as fast.

It’s actually cringe as fuck when I see someone like Machida try to fight with his hands down.

You'd think Luke Rockhold would have learned to keep em up by now but ,no!

If he still leaves his hands down at LHW he'll be going for an early retirement.

You'd think Luke Rockhold would have learned to keep em up by now but ,no!

If he still leaves his hands down at LHW he'll be going for an early retirement.

He’ll do the same shit, throw a check right hook and then someone will step off to the side and catch him cold. Works like a charm everytime on ol’ Lukey boy.

I can literally picture how you look

Trying to teach a pro fighter how to fight

Everyone who does the hands down shit pays for it eventually.

There’s a reason why ‘hands up’ is the default advice

While I agree with the general sentiment, it's not always as easy sometimes in MMA.

Sometimes throwing a kick will put you in awkward positions to try to defend a punch with your hands. Sometimes you want to set up your opponent or draw out a counter.

It's easy to say "keep your hands up" but when you come under fire, you may react differently. This is point is further accentuated by the fact that in MMA, the gloves are much smaller as opposed to boxing.

While I agree with the general sentiment, it's not always as easy sometimes in MMA.

Sometimes throwing a kick will put you in awkward positions to try to defend a punch with your hands. Sometimes you want to set up your opponent or draw out a counter.

It's easy to say "keep your hands up" but when you come under fire, you may react differently. This is point is further accentuated by the fact that in MMA, the gloves are much smaller as opposed to boxing.

I’m not saying you shouldn’t ever keep your hands down. I do that sometimes when I fight for a multitude of reasons.

But basing your entire style off being able to evade strikes with your hands down just isn’t sustainable.

TJ got socked in the first 3 seconds of his fight with Henry and still stood there with his hands down. Like wth is that?

Garbrandt throwing hooks in the pocket with both hands by the waist. Is this how these guys are sparring? You’d think they would get tagged a whole lot during sparring matches.

Trained boxers are the only ones that constantly keep their hands up.

Back