Khabib against top 10 WW

JAL

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
so we just saw and we've seen before that LW do pretty good against the WWs

would he be as strong as he is in LW?

How's he going to be Usman?
Worse wrestling, worse cardio, similar standup, much smaller.
He'd beat a lot of them but not all of them.

He destroys everyone except for Usman. That fight is 50/50. I'd favor Khabib via grappling canceling out and having better striking.

Last edited:
Usman would destroy him.

He's way too strong, has insane cardio and slightly better striking. Everyone else in the division would get cleaned by Khabib.

Askren would take his back and chant "USA".

Usman and Lawler would be close.

Copy paste comment but w/e.
Champ Usman: Usman is too big and strong for Khabib, his cardio and wrestling are just as good as well. The only area Khabib could win here is the stand-up. Can't see Nurmagomedov winning this tbh.

#1 Woodley: Before the Usman fight I thought Woodley would destroy Khabib everywhere, but after seeing how he deals with constant pressure and grappling; two things Khabib is known for, the odds are a LOT closer. I'd still favor Woodley to win though, purely because of the size difference and explosiveness.

#2 Covington: Close fight but I favor Khabib to win through better wrestling and relentlessness.

#3 Till: Till would be exhausted after 3 rounds with Khabib, let alone 5. Favor Khabib to win how he typically wins.
Masvidal: Khabib wins how he typically wins.

#4 Stephen: Stephen would technically destroy Khabib in the stand-up, but Khabib would pressure him and hold him against the cage until he eventually takes him down, rinse and repeat.
Pettis: Khabib would maul Pettis. Dominant UD probably or finish in championship rounds. Idek if Pettis would beat Khabib in stand-up but he might hit him with some crazy shit, Khabib has a chin though so he won't get KO'd.

#5 RDA: Easiest fight for Khabib in the top 10 of WW. RDA has nothing for the Eagle.

#6 Ben Askren: Very close fight, but I'd favor Khabib purely because he is the superior MMA fighter. Ben is simply TOO one-dimensional.

#7 Santiago: Probably toughest fight for Khabib outside of the top 5. Outcome of the fight would depend on if Khabib is able to keep Santiago on the ground.

#8 Lawler: Lawler would not be able to defend Khabib's takedowns for long. Favor Khabib for a UD win, but wouldn't be too surprised if Lawler did some crazy shit and KO'd Khabib in the stand-up.

#9 Maia: Demian's just too fucking old lol, and he's lost to Colby, a worse wrestler than Khabib. Close fight but Khabib should be the obvious favorite.

#10 Edwards: Have to see how he does against Nelson before making a real judgement, but Leon seems to be easily pressured. Probably favor Khabib.
edit: Leon outgrappled Nelson a couple times which is pretty impressive, but Nelson did eventually take him down and Leon was pressured easily. Khabib should be favored here.

Khabibs never really lost a round yet, and dont say Tibau. I'm waiting to see Khabib lose at least a round and see him have to tap into next gear

I'd love to see Khabib move up to WW, that's where he can find his money fights.
I can see him defending his LW belt maybe 2 more times against McGregor, Ferguson or Holloway/Dustin.
Him and Usman seem to be on good terms, I'm not sure if they would fight each other, but who wouldn't pay for Khabib vs Colby or Askren.

Copy paste comment but w/e.
Champ Usman: Usman is too big and strong for Khabib, his cardio and wrestling are just as good as well. The only area Khabib could win here is the stand-up. Can't see Nurmagomedov winning this tbh.

#1 Woodley: Before the Usman fight I thought Woodley would destroy Khabib everywhere, but after seeing how he deals with constant pressure and grappling; two things Khabib is known for, the odds are a LOT closer. I'd still favor Woodley to win though, purely because of the size difference and explosiveness.

#2 Covington: Close fight but I favor Khabib to win through better wrestling and relentlessness.

#3 Till: Till would be exhausted after 3 rounds with Khabib, let alone 5. Favor Khabib to win how he typically wins.
Masvidal: Khabib wins how he typically wins.

#4 Stephen: Stephen would technically destroy Khabib in the stand-up, but Khabib would pressure him and hold him against the cage until he eventually takes him down, rinse and repeat.
Pettis: Khabib would maul Pettis. Dominant UD probably or finish in championship rounds. Idek if Pettis would beat Khabib in stand-up but he might hit him with some crazy shit, Khabib has a chin though so he won't get KO'd.

#5 RDA: Easiest fight for Khabib in the top 10 of WW. RDA has nothing for the Eagle.

#6 Ben Askren: Very close fight, but I'd favor Khabib purely because he is the superior MMA fighter. Ben is simply TOO one-dimensional.

#7 Santiago: Probably toughest fight for Khabib outside of the top 5. Outcome of the fight would depend on if Khabib is able to keep Santiago on the ground.

#8 Lawler: Lawler would not be able to defend Khabib's takedowns for long. Favor Khabib for a UD win, but wouldn't be too surprised if Lawler did some crazy shit and KO'd Khabib in the stand-up.

#9 Maia: Demian's just too fucking old lol, and he's lost to Colby, a worse wrestler than Khabib. Close fight but Khabib should be the obvious favorite.

#10 Edwards: Have to see how he does against Nelson before making a real judgement, but Leon seems to be easily pressured. Probably favor Khabib.
edit: Leon outgrappled Nelson a couple times which is pretty impressive, but Nelson did eventually take him down and Leon was pressured easily. Khabib should be favored here.
I agree with almost all of them but I think khabib can beat Woodley if he follows the Conor fight formula and tire him up first round that's when his ko power goes out the window.. I think khabib gets it by UD just like Usman

so we just saw and we've seen before that LW do pretty good against the WWs

would he be as strong as he is in LW?

You guys are out of your minds. Styles make fights. Don’t base anything off of what you saw tonight.

If you think that Khabib could take out most of the WW top 10, then why doesn’t he??? Why wouldn’t he move up and make a ton of $$$ off of a Superfight???

Khabib probably knows that if he moved up to WW, many of his advantages would disappear... and WW is stacked with wrestlers.

How's he going to be Usman?
Worse wrestling, worse cardio, similar standup, much smaller.
He'd beat a lot of them but not all of them.
Did you just say Khabib has worse wresting than Usman?

Are you slow?

Robbie Lawler literally obliterates him and throws him out of the arena.
Maia subs him, gently.
Colby melts his soul and chokes him unconscious.
Usman wears him and probably/maybe KO's him in the engages.
RDA fight is 50/50 at his point.
Thompson picks him apart from the outside.
Askren molests him like a child.
Masvidal and Till KO him into oblivion.
He beats Pettis if doesn't get caught in the submission.
Woodley sleeps him worse than Koscheck.
Gunni schools him on the ground.
Edwards stuffs takedowns and murks him on the feet.
Pokenibbio KOs him with the jab.

Khabib would do well that's what I think. The dude is just a different caliber of fighter it's easy to see. I think one weight class up he's still epic enough to do well. He's a big LW to boot.

You guys are out of your minds. Styles make fights. Don’t base anything off of what you saw tonight.

If you think that Khabib could take out most of the WW top 10, then why doesn’t he??? Why wouldn’t he move up and make a ton of $$$ off of a Superfight???

Khabib probably knows that if he moved up to WW, many of his advantages would disappear... and WW is stacked with wrestlers.
what money fights haha woodley just lost, usman is a nobody, Askren just joined not famous enough and the money fights only works if you're a champion and khabib just became a champion last year his first title defence was against the biggest star of them all and Tony is the next big money fight so is Max Holloway, because he a dominant champion on a 12-0 win streak.. there are bunch of nobodies in ww when compare to khabib

Robbie Lawler literally obliterates him and throws him out of the arena.
Maia subs him, gently.
Colby melts his soul and chokes him unconscious.
Usman wears him and probably/maybe KO's him in the engages.
RDA fight is 50/50 at his point.
Thompson picks him apart from the outside.
Askren molests him like a child.
Masvidal and Till KO him into oblivion.
He beats Pettis if doesn't get caught in the submission.
Woodley sleeps him worse than Koscheck.
Gunni schools him on the ground.
Edwards stuffs takedowns and murks him on the feet.
Pokenibbio KOs him with the jab.
wow they seem to be very good fighters if they can do all that shit to a guy who is 27-0, 11-0 in UFC, only lost one round in his career

Back