Stephen Thompson is 1-3-1 in his last 5 fights...

DaysOfThunder

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
They did cut Chuck Lidell with 3 but let Pettis fight on. Does any one know of any fighters that were allowed to fight on , after 4 losses in a row in UFC?

2 consecutive. He beat Jorge.

Can you count?

He beat masvidal 3 fights ago and won

Unlikely! He still is a very flashy exciting fighter to watch win or lose. And this is his first KO loss I believe?

Chuck would of gotten KO'd by a strong gust of wind at the end of a long career. Not the same thing.

Most people agree that Masvidal was robbed in that fight.

I know not everybody appreciates his style but he's one of the more unique fighters on the roster and still a top 10 guy. They should hold onto him for however much longer he's interested in fighting considering his age.

lol @ Chuck being "cut". Can't believe you're an 05 account ts.

I doubt they cut him. He's still highly marketable. I just think he needs the proper matchmaking to be entertaining.

Let’s not get to crazy now
I give Woodley the edge
I give Woodley the credit for being the more dangerous, better fighter, who found higher levels of success in both fights.

And while I'd admit that the spectrum of 10-9 is far too wide by current standards, and the second fight would have been a clear example of that; I still gave Thompson 3 clear rounds in each fight. They fought 10 rounds, Wonderboy edged 6

Back