News Pettis's leg kick is a big factor in that fight

heohanwuoc

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Those leg kicks made Wonderboy unable to retreat/move as fast as he usually does, his legs was hurt badly and at that point and he can only move his head, that is why Pettis decided to go full Aldo/Werdum without his opponent retreat. If there was no hard leg kicks form Pettis, Wonderboy can easily just move away.
In this gif you can cleary see how awarkly Thompson retreat, his left leg barely move, he just lean back with his upper body, which he never done before this fight
InfatuatedImmediateDromaeosaur-size_restricted.gif

He couldn't push off his right as much in round 2. Don't know when it happened, but something fucked up his right foot, it was covered in blood. Probably hit an elbow at some point or something.

Woodley and Till did solid damage on the chin before. Im willing to bet Wonderboy before those fights could have eaten that

Yes, his leg was getting lit up and he slowed slightly
The KO was a mixture of Pettis having increased power and 57 pro KB bouts aswell as about 15 in MMA coming back to haunt Wonderboy, or more specifically his chin

Wonder Boy's chin was never the same after Woodley landed that haymaker on him.

Think he was winding up another right leg hook and just got bobble headed in the process. It happened fast. I thought he sprung off the fence.

Barboza would be a terrible matchup for WB. Hardest leg kicks in the game and Wonderboy doesn't constantly press forward which would play into Barboza's hands. I'd like to see that fight next

His toe broke . Pettis blocked one with the elbow and it was super bloody

He couldn't push off his right as much in round 2. Don't know when it happened, but something fucked up his right foot, it was covered in blood. Probably hit an elbow at some point or something.
My theory is the blood trickled out of Anthony's nose onto his foot. I think

I liked the way Anthony came out in this fight and went strictly kickboxing with him. Nothing flashy, just right to the point. He went across both thighs with this kicks Dutch-style, it was really beautiful to watch. You can really see Duke Roufus’ touch all over that kid.

It was just a well timed shot by a guy who was losing up until that point.

Woodley and Till did solid damage on the chin before. Im willing to bet Wonderboy before those fights could have eaten that
Let me take a wild stab at this, keep those hands low & eventually you get slept. Had nothing to do with Woodley & Till fights, has everything to do with bad defense keeping hands so low & getting caught with something you don't see (it's the unexpected / unprotected punch, not the most powerful punch, which gives most KOs)

Those leg kicks made Wonderboy unable to retreat/move as fast as he usually does, his legs was hurt badly and at that point and he can only move his head, that is why Pettis decided to go full Aldo/Werdum without his opponent retreat. If there was no hard leg kicks form Pettis, Wonderboy can easily just move away.
In this gif you can cleary see how awarkly Thompson retreat, his left leg barely move, he just lean back with his upper body, which he never done before this fight
InfatuatedImmediateDromaeosaur-size_restricted.gif

Thought I saw Wonderboy wince when he ate the first few thigh kicks. They definitely had an effect.

Agreed, loved the leg kicks Pettis was implementing tonight.

Back