There goes my hopes for the Welterweight division

FlyingDeathKick

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
No takedown defense Pettis won't have much for guys like Usman and Covington.

Yeah, Pettis has zero answer to Colby or Usman, but I don't think he's really at WW for the long run.

He knows it too.. just calling out RDA for another paycheck at WW.

Doesn't have any serious interest there.

Disgraceful for Wonderboy to get KO'ed stiff by a former featherweight though.

What's been recently happening at WW makes me think Khabib would steam roll through the division. Khabib without the weight cut would be a powerful force at WW.

Yeah, Pettis has zero answer to Colby or Usman, but I don't think he's really at WW for the long run.

Yeah, but I'll admit I was exited at the idea of him vs. Ponzi for a moment there.

RDA, Masvidal, Pettis

Cerrone would probably be top 10 or very close if he hadn't moved back down.

He knows it too.. just calling out RDA for another paycheck at WW.

Doesn't have any serious interest there.

Disgraceful for Wonderboy to get KO'ed stiff by a former featherweight though.
It only makes this matchup seem even more stupid lol. I still like his chances against Usman and Covington... This fight really wasn't necessary for Wonderboy and it ended the worst way possible for him. What other striker can I be hyped for at 170? I can't get behind Ponzischeme.

Jorge Masvidal just knocked Till into another universe. Anthony Pettis just KO'd Wonderboy stiff, something that Tyron couldn't even do.

Even RDA has proven to be a force at 170. When rankings get updated, two former LW champs in Pettis and RDA will be in the top five. Jorge Masvidal is already top 5 now after beating Till.

155 is just the pinnacle of the sport. Fighters around this size are the most skilled in the entire sport. Not that other weight classes are bad for the most part, but 155 is king.

3 weeks ago the long-time champ got completely annihilated and embarassed, last week a guy who should be at LW brutally KO'ed a guy who should be at MW, and now we got some borderline LW outcast brutally KO'ing long-time top WW.

two top contenders get flatlined in the same month by light weights ... what gives?

Are usman, askren, colby, and woodley next to get licked by a smaller opponent?

At this point khabib looks like he can run thru that whole divison..

Pettis isn't going to get a sniff of the WW title.

He called out Barboza, Gatethe,and RDA. He doesn't want any part of a wrestler.

WW has Usman, Woodley, Colby, Askren all at the top.

Chael called it, he said size advantage only matters on the ground last week...

Jorge Masvidal just knocked Till into another universe. Anthony Pettis just KO'd Wonderboy stiff, something that Tyron couldn't even do.

Even RDA has proven to be a force at 170. When rankings get updated, two former LW champs in Pettis and RDA will be in the top five. Jorge Masvidal is already top 5 now after beating Till.

155 is just the pinnacle of the sport. Fighters around this size are the most skilled in the entire sport. Not that other weight classes are bad for the most part, but 155 is king.

So essentially 3 former LW's occupy 3 of the top-5 spots, the other 2 of which are occupied by the former champ and another guy who could easily fight at LW (Covington).

Weight cutting era is dying

What's been recently happening at WW makes me think Khabib would steam roll through the division. Khabib without the weight cut would be a powerful force at WW.

Askren would steam roll Khabib. Boom Roasted.

I thought it was 205? And then Cejudo will win the 135 belt, and 135 is weakest.

Then Max Holloway will beat Poirier, and 155 is weak.

Or, maybe fighters moving up in weight actually aren't at such a crazy disadvantage???

I still think Khabib loses against Woodley, Usman and possibly Colby. Weight matters less in striking than it does grappling.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Back