Thompson and Vannata hypocrisy

Pride4ever101001000

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I just wanted a small mention of the hypocrisy of some Sherdoggers in regards to two fighters Sherdog reputation - Stephen Thompson and Lando Vannata.

Stephen Thompson
"Pillow fisted"
"Wouldn't watch"

This is a guy who landed roundhouse kicks when he was making his rise.

As a result of being so far ahead of the competition, he basically only fights title contenders like Robbie Lawler who he was trying to fight before Askren v Lawler.

Lando Vannata
"The just bleed God's will be happy tonight"

This is a guy who misses every roundhouse kick and can't finish off guys who are half done.

Conclusion
Lando is pillow fisted. I watched one of his last fights. He missed like a dozen roundhouse kicks, and didn't even have the power in his hands to finish a guy off.

Wonderboy is a real elite fighter.

Lando rocked an early Tony Ferguson who was probably eating subs and watching TMNT up until he started MMA at 24.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I just wanted a small mention of the hypocrisy of some Sherdoggers in regards to two fighters Sherdog reputation - Stephen Thompson and Lando Vannata.

Stephen Thompson
"Pillow fisted"
"Wouldn't watch"

This is a guy who landed roundhouse kicks when he was making his rise.

As a result of being so far ahead of the competition, he basically only fights title contenders like Robbie Lawler who he was trying to fight before Askren v Lawler.

Lando Vannata
"The just bleed God's will be happy tonight"

This is a guy who misses every roundhouse kick and can't finish off guys who are half done.

Conclusion
Lando is pillow fisted. I watched one of his last fights. He missed like a dozen roundhouse kicks, and didn't even have the power in his hands to finish a guy off.

Wonderboy is a real elite fighter.

Lando rocked an early Tony Ferguson who was probably eating subs and watching TMNT up until he started MMA at 24.
Early Furguson?
That fight wasn't that long ago and he was wrestling*, eating subs and watching tmnt.
Tony had a streak going before his single loss in the UFC.

Wonder boy is better and far more accurate, Lando takes chances and people love it.
Just go with it.

[/I]
This is a guy who misses every roundhouse kick

Can someone under 30 please post the Lando spinning kick gif Please. FFS. Probably the prettiest thing since Barboza. Lando loves getting hit in the face and tries cartwheel kicks and shit. WB.. just stays safe and outpoints you. Or loses. So why compare them? One is extremely boring, the other is not. Let me know when WB scores another KO. Could be today. We'll see. I highly, highly doubt it.

Lando is the MMA version of Rocky Balboa
Got one big fight, dropped Tony, and gained fans
:meow:

Meh all I see is a crybaby crying about Lando

I think most sherbros have wised up on vanata by now

Is there some collective retardation going on here (Inb4 you're on sherdog, duuurh)

Lando puts on awesome fights. Who cares if he's winning them or not? He's an action fighter. Fights like a maniac, which people love. Whats the big mystery here?

Is there some collective retardation going on here (Inb4 you're on sherdog, duuurh)

Lando puts on awesome fights. Who cares if he's winning them or not? He's an action fighter. Fights like a maniac, which people love. Whats the big mystery here?
This. People assume if you're a fan of Lando then you must be delusional. Winning or not, he's an exciting fighter.

@dickcheney

Lando is exciting but not a great fighter. WB can sometimes be boring but he's elite. This shit is obvious

Fans always frame their opinions heavily on their expectations. Lando want expected to do shit but lose and no one thinks of him as some actually great fighter. Even the people who once thought he'd be a future champ knew he wasn't great yet. Thompson came in with an incredible striking background and record, then started headkicking his opponents. So he's always been a high tier fighter in people's minds. That's why he gets seen as "less exciting now," even if his style didn't change, when he gets decisions

Early Furguson?
That fight wasn't that long ago and he was wrestling*, eating subs and watching tmnt.
Tony had a streak going before his single loss in the UFC.
I thought his only loss was to johnson. and that was a tuf finale

Really strange comparison

Wonderboy is content with staring at you for 25 minutes

Win, lose, or draw lando is coming to throw down

There’s a reason lando got re-signed so quickly after going 1-3-2 in the UFC

Last edited:
I watched Lando's recent fight

It was supposed to be v an unknown guy who people were posting that he was supposed to have beaten.

He knocked the guy down, and wasted all his energy missing roundhouse kicks. So the fight went to a decision because Vannata didn't have the efficiency to finish them in the next round after a knockdown.

Fighters like Khabib, Wonderboy and Usman are light years ahead of Vannata because they don't waste their energy.

If Lando comes to "throw down" why couldn't he finish a guy that he already knocked down and had to take him to decision

giphy.gif

Lando gets praised for trying this and missing.

Wonderboy has been there and done it years ago and fights against the best of the best now.

He would put the level of guys Lando fights away in one round IMO.

Sounds ludicrous but it had to be said the way people talk about them when not in comparison.

Can someone under 30 please post the Lando spinning kick gif Please. FFS. Probably the prettiest thing since Barboza. Lando loves getting hit in the face and tries cartwheel kicks and shit. WB.. just stays safe and outpoints you. Or loses. So why compare them? One is extremely boring, the other is not. Let me know when WB scores another KO. Could be today. We'll see. I highly, highly doubt it.

M8LLh2x.gif

Hey TS, show me a better HL WB has provided? Ellenberger? Not even close. Cerrone beat this man so bad, his chin so rock iron solid, he just calls a T with his hands and says my jaw is broken that's it for me. He ate like 10 flush head kicks. Probably didn't help him here but show me a better WB kick. Especially one with a chin like Mak. Doesn't exist.

You will change your tune when he gets his chin exposed by swole Pettis.

Back