Calling it now; Pettis is going to shock the world

Dankoz

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Thompson seems to be slightly sliding out of his prime as he has won only 1 of his last 4 fights, outclassed by Darren Till and beated by Woodley twice. Got dropped by both and they made him pay about incomplete boxing defense. Pettis is legit 3rd degree black belt in Taekwondo and WB doesn't offer anything he hasn't already seen on past. Pettis lost his last fight against Ferguson but let's not forget how he dropped El Cucuy twice and striking power in this weight will be even bigger. Wonderboy doesn't protect his chin and Pettis has more than enough tools to make him pay about. Almost silly how many of you is already counting Pettis out.

Would not be shocked if Pettis won, it's not like he's some bum.

Still, WB takes it IMO.

Wonderboy is really unbeatable, his losses to Woodley don't count, and he beat Till.

WB thrives on the backfoot, which is why he also beats Askren and Usman. He is currently the best WW in the division.

I think Thompson is gonna be way too big. Moussassi x McDonald level bullying is possible here.
Pettis’s best chance here is likely a submission in a scramble.

I won't be surprised if Pettis catches WB with some nasty kick.

Thompson seems to be slightly sliding out of his prime as he has won only 1 of his last 4 fights, outclassed by Darren Till and beated by Woodley twice. Got dropped by both and they made him pay about incomplete boxing defense. Pettis is legit 3rd degree black belt in Taekwondo and WB doesn't offer anything he hasn't already seen on past. Pettis lost his last fight against Ferguson but let's not forget how he dropped El Cucuy twice and striking power in this weight will be even bigger. Wonderboy doesn't protect his chin and Pettis has more than enough tools to make him pay about. Almost silly how many of you is already counting Pettis out.

WB didn't lose to woodley twice most people don't believe he lost the second fight either

If lightning doesn't strike in the first two rounds, can you really see Pettis winning any of the final 3 rounds?

Oh shut the fuck up. He wasn't "outclassed" by Till either you moron. He just has no power or aggression or honestly, real, true desire to win. He thinks about life after fighting. (Post-usada is trigger-shy and has no confidence in himself or his power imo) Pettis had some real comeback hype vs Tony I said it back then too dedinitely not that he would win, but that the UFC felt he was in form and desperately wanted him to win. I don't wNt to keep saying the same shit for a week, but Dana loves this kid he has since WEC. Probably why he bought the shit. Yeah I think Pettis will finish WB he's been 10x more violent lately. Could WB do what Pettis did to Tony? Fuck no. Pettis is never being setup to lose, those odds are ridiculous, this is fucking obvious called it literally since the day it was announced. (Then he fights Conor). This will be me calling Nunes, Cejudo, Francis more violently than any pick ive ever made, Usman, and now Pettis in a row. Ive called 20-35 more mains in a row im just talking about underdog streak with my streak, rep, and hundreds of thousands on the line. Balls. Brilliance. You're late to this party TS. If u truly new, well you're onto something. He still wasn't outclassed by Till he clearly won 3-2 so stop that nonsense.

Last edited:
WB didn't lose to woodley twice most people don't believe he lost the second fight either

He got dropped in both fights and was way too hesitant to pull the trigger, because he didn't have answer for Woodley overhand.

I won't be surprised if Pettis catches WB with some nasty kick.
I would, he hasn't done it in over 5 years and never against somebody of Wonderboy's skill level on the feet. He head kicked a couple of grapplers and body kicked somebody missing half their stomach and part of their intestines. Not to mentiom that person is a known alcholic.

Last edited:
I don't think the world is really going to care one way or another.
Pettis winning would be a reasonable surprise to a few million people, maybe.

Pettis is very skilled everywhere, I won't be shocked if he wins wtf?

<Durant35>

Pettis taps via supposed "ligament tear/fracture".

Back