New WMMA Ronda worship promo. When will the UFC move on from her?

eon001

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score

I'm not trying to turn this into a Ronda hate thread. If anything I'm bashing the lazy marketing from UFC/ESPN.

Would be nice if your active female champions got the same press. Nunes is barely in this, and has had little to no promo since crushing Cyborg. Rose and Valentina too.

Then it takes a turn where it focuses on mothers that fight. I'm guessing it's a mothers day tie in. But why not just do a whole video focusing on UFC mothers, instead of this weird mashup of Ronda ass kissing, WMMA promo and motherhood in fighting!?

Not many people care about Nunes, and no amount of marketing is going to make casuals care about her. Why waste marketing resources?

Best thing in terms of business sure

They even showed induction at HOF as one of 2018 best moments lol
No one gives a fuck about her .

CiXsqMS.gif

When she's not still world famous. I don't watch wrestling, but from what I read on here, she's a big deal in the WWE. Seeing as how she made her name in MMA, not surprising they don't let it go.

Maycee Barber might be getting a push. Let’s see what she does with it.

The problem with the UFC is they almost always back the wrong guy. And it screws everything up. A recent case would be Ngannou. But even going back to Sage and PVZ. They backed the wrong horses while ignoring the fighters that could have been far more productive and popular with a little help.

It all depends on whether Dana blesses your bum life.

She is the GOAT and she rustled a lot of people to the point that they now actually believe that what she is currently doing in the WWE is real.

Once ever.

She's ingrained in UFC history whether you like it or not.

Promoting the blonde badass girl that kicks ass is better than promoting a mixed lesbian that's not very feminine or, you know, Cyborg. Casual audience wants to believe barbies can fight for real and still be hot chicks, Ronda was the closest the UFC got of having that.

That's why they won't move past it so easily. The kind of product they could promote with Ronda on top was far easier to draw casual eyes than promoting Nunes or the current WMMA top stars.

Not many people care about Nunes, and no amount of marketing is going to make casuals care about her. Why waste marketing resources?
So just cut the division if she's dead weight. If you have her, use her. Every fighter has some worth. Some more than others, but it's a waste to just shelf her because she doesn't look like PVZ.

Promoting the blonde badass girl that kicks ass is better than promoting a mixed lesbian that's not very feminine or, you know, Cyborg. Casual audience wants to believe barbies can fight for real and still be hot chicks, Ronda was the closest the UFC got of having that.

That's why they won't move past it so easily. The kind of product they could promote with Ronda on top was far easier to draw casual eyes than promoting Nunes or the current WMMA top stars.
How do you promote someone that doesn't make you money anymore?

"Whens the next Ronda fight" - Casuals
"Oh she left" - MMA fans
"So why am I watching this then!?" - Casuals
*click* *changes channel*

The problem with the UFC is they almost always back the wrong guy. And it screws everything up. A recent case would be Ngannou. But even going back to Sage and PVZ. They backed the wrong horses while ignoring the fighters that could have been far more productive and popular with a little help.

It all depends on whether Dana blesses your bum life.
Wrong, if they went on Conor Mcgregor, GSP, Jon Jones type runs they would of been stars
Who exactly is the “right” guy?
No amount of marketing is gonna make Tony Ferguson or Whittaker or Stipe or Nunes or any of the other un marketable champs marketable
A certain look sells in this era, they had it
Unfortunately the skills didn’t match
Please tell me who they should of marketed instead, aswell as how
That’ll be interesting

I'd understand if this was a Maycee promo, or PVZ. At least there active fighters even if there not champs.

Imagine if Edmond never got involved......

Casual audience wants to believe barbies can fight for real and still be hot chicks, Ronda was the closest the UFC got of having that.

Reebok just gave Rose a special deal, even without hair.
Wouldn't be surprised to see a bald Barbie doll hit the toy stores soon.

Last edited:
Back