Why did Anderson turn into such a jerk in the Maia, Côté fights?

Steven_Universe

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Before then he wasn’t a bad guy.

Was he being a dick because he didn’t respect the quality of opponents he was recieving?

He didn’t try stupid shit with Chael because he was a threat.

Why was he mocking and belittling them.

He trained and fought out of Chutebox. He was always a dick lol

Looking back, being one of the UFC's biggest stars he acted reasonably well. Look at some of these other champs when they get successful.

Because they were just standing around and not playing into his game. And "Mocking and belittling" is a bit of an overstatement he was just trying to get them to do something so he could counter.

Anderson was getting bored of the Matrix

I think with Maia he was trying to put on an act to convince people it was Maia that wouldn't engage when the truth was the opposite.

Maia was trying telegraphed TDs from halfway across the cage at one point because Silva would not come anywhere near him. Silva was afraid of Maia getting ahold of him. It was the only prime Silva fight I remember where he wasn't aggressive.

Before then he wasn’t a bad guy.

Was he being a dick because he didn’t respect the quality of opponents he was recieving?

He didn’t try stupid shit with Chael because he was a threat.

I think he just was a dick before those fights too. He didnt wanna take risks and counter thats whats up. Eventualy he got knocked the fuck out tho by Weidman.

Huh??

Randomly claiming somebody is racist?

tenor.gif

I think the Maia fight was an intentional stinker because he was mad at the UFC. Remember reading something about that. But don’t remember everything. Or anything really.

What did he do in the Cote fight to be considered a dick?

He's upset that he can't do his counter game against people who knows he's going to play that game and won't engage so he has to be a dick and taunt them.

He was pissed off at Maia because he was a privileged middle class guy for sure, maybe the fact that Maia is white and Silva is black also played a part in Silva's resentment.

This is something that Silva never said (him and Wanderlei used this excuses with Belfort but not with Maia), why did you have to fabricate this shit?

Reasons are simple:
Maia: he didn't want to risk to be grabbed
Cote: he didn't want to risk to be koed

Someone stole his Nike shoes back stage.......... Special edition......he wasn't happy!!!

He was pissed off at Maia because he was a privileged middle class guy for sure, maybe the fact that Maia is white and Silva is black also played a part in Silva's resentment.

Maia isn't from a privileged family. Silva didn't know what he was talking about. he was talking shit in order to try to goad Maia into a striking battle.

Back