Chael: weight advantage only helps with grappling

Kvothe_the_kingkiller

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
10 minute video CLIFFS: Weight advantage really only helps with grappling. With stand-up, the smaller, quicker fighter shouldn't be considered an underdog merely because of size.

It's an interesting perspective. I'm not taking it as gospel or fact, nor am I dismissing it just because Chael is a tool.

But if it has any validity, would that change anyone's opinion on Pettis v Wonderboy?

10 minute video CLIFFS: Weight advantage really only helps with grappling. With stand-up, the smaller, quicker fighter shouldn't be considered an underdog merely because of size.

It's an interesting perspective. I'm not taking it as gospel or fact, nor am I dismissing it just because Chael is a tool.

But if it has any validity, would that change anyone's opinion on Pettis v Wonderboy?

Chael with Bellator now. Why do Sherdog allow this spamming of this cheater's videos? And he doesn't know what he's talking about.

That's a very broad statement, but I would generally agree.

If the larger fighter has significant reach advantage also, then that is quite relevant. Otherwise, yea, the bigger fighter could be slower or poorer cardio or other possiblities that even it out.

He's right that weight/size matters more for grapplers than strikers, if you're not making someone carry your weight to tire them out it doesn't help as much.

It’s a case by case basis not a one size fits all

That's a very broad statement, but I would generally agree.

If the larger fighter has significant reach advantage also, then that is quite relevant. Otherwise, yea, the bigger fighter could be slower or poorer cardio or other possiblities that even it out.
Ya, that was his main point. Though he used HW's and super HW's as an example (which is simplistic at best).

This made me rethink Wonder boy and Pettis a little bit. I wonder if speed will play a bigger factor into that fight. I think most have Wonder boy winning handily given his size, foot work and distance control.

I really like Chaels YouTube channel. And he’s spot on with a lot of things. I thought he was dead wrong about this though.

Stupids noobs on their way to agree with the cheater. lol.

Oh boy, what a groundbreaking news. It will tell them, better let everyone know in mma, boxing, kickboxing, muaythai, to better stop cutting weight and move up a weight class.

Stupid as fuck people agree with stupid as fuck Sonnen. Shocker

I dunno, sure speed can negate power but power absolutely goes up with weight. I'd have to watch the video I guess to see exactly what he said, if he's saying the wrestling is a much bigger advantage I would agree with that. But it's definitely still an advantage with striking as well

Stupids noobs on their way to agree with the cheater. lol.

Oh boy, what a groundbreaking news. It will tell them, better let everyone know in mma, boxing, kickboxing, muaythai, to better stop cutting weight and move up a weight class.

Stupid as fuck people agree with stupid as fuck Sonnen. Shocker

Do you uh...feel strongly about this Sherbro?

DC disagrees.
"UFC light-heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier feels he has stronger punches as a heavyweight."

“I feel much stronger,” Cormier said. “When I was fighting up at heavyweight, when I punched people, it had an effect on them. Lately, I haven’t had that at 205, and I question whether or not the guys down there just have better chins or if the extra weight was making me stronger.

“Now, I’m doing much more in practice. I’m dropping guys with my punches. I’ve knocked some guys out in practice in the training room, so I can see the effect that my hands and my legs are having on the guys when I make contact now.”

https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports...er-feels-stronger-as-heavyweight/95-571596363

Why are there weightclasses in boxing and kickboxing?

yeah, I was dumb for thinking Till would beat Masvidal because of size.

Then why do they have weight classes in boxing which is only striking?

Then why do they have weight classes in boxing which is only striking?

Yeah it is an advantage in boxing too, never mind reach and power I think some guys recuperative power is tied to their size. Tyson Fury would still be on the canvas if he wasn't a gigantic massive bastard.

However Tyson Fury vs. a slim Wilder in a grappling match would grossly favor Fury, so there is that.

Sonnen’s only objective is to be controversial in order to get noticed.

Take everything he says with a grain of salt.

why do they have weight classes in boxing then?

Force = mass x speed. Heavier fist punching with the same technique and speed hurts more

lol idk why but big baby miller vs chocolatito came to mind. That’s a dumb statement.

Back