I’m excited.

MigitAs

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
And not so excited, like the pointer sisters.

But excited nonetheless!

The Ben Askren/Robbie Lawler rematch is a must!

He was never out.

Askren was more out from the slam/ground and pound, then Robbie was from the bulldog choke.

Even the Welterweight champion agrees.

Run it back, it’s the right thing to do.

Anyone else agree? Disagree?

limparm.gif

I cant say its what I want but I understand it. Hope Ben does it again and it gets called awkwardly again lol

Hoping Ben comes in in better shape and wins emphatically. I love Lawler but it's Ben's time.

Ok seriously we’re like 3 weeks out and I’ve seen this thread 800 times stop the insanity

Who Marty? Duh he agrees hes protecting his gold.

No this is dumb make

Askren vs Jorge or Colby v Usman winner
Robbie vs Ponz, Wood or Wonder v Pettis winner

I'm not excited but I won't complain either.

its going to be hilarious when Askren doesn't get caught early this time, effortlessly executes his gameplan and drags Robbie down and keeps him down. Round after round. Until he dominates him 50-45 or subs him again.

He was able to take Robbie down with zero effort and get him in that bulldog just seconds after taking the hardest shots of his life.

Everyone going on and on "he wasnt out!" well he sure as fuck wasnt GETTING OUT of that choke. After Askren subs him, again, suddenly the narative will have changed on here to "oh it was clear Askren was going to win the rematch"

I think Robbie is gonna do better this time around.

Agreed on the rematch. Was too damned good a fight to end in controversy.

Controversial af imo. I think they should go again. But if they don’t it’s not the end of the world. Because I hate instant rematches.

Ben is too cerebral to let this go down the same way. He won’t get caught again.

How could Robbie do better? He slammed Ben on his damn noggin and threw bombs downward, busted Ben up, and Ben completely blanketed him after.

Weird finish or not, I’d rather see Askren get a fresh matchup rather than running it back. Plus Lawler is way too intelligent and experienced to let his arm go limp voluntarily against such a good grappler.

Even if he was hoping Askren burned his arms out, he would’ve been fighting hands if he was awake. In all likelihood he went out, and Askren loosened his grip as the ref tapped on his arm, so when he let go Lawer popped back up.

Let’s see Askren fight Ponzi, Masvidal, or Marty if he loses to Colby.

Meh, Lawler was clearly out when his arm dropped like dead weight

Good win for Askren and I'd rather see him fight someone else

Maybe derail Masvidal

I understand the controversy in regards to wether Robbie was out but I don’t really understand why people think he was going to escape that choke before the round ended, it wasn’t as if there were only 10 seconds left. If it had not been stopped at that time it would have been within 30 seconds tops. I don’t see the point in running it back again but the first fight was entertaining, wouldn’t be excited for the rematch though.

Ruthless gonna knock him out and it’s not even funny

Why would the UFC lose a potential match between Askren and Usman/Covington winner?

If Lawler wins, he doesn't "sell" fights like the UFC likes guys to do.

No matter what anyone says Ben is scared plain and simple. If I were Dana I would not give him another fight.

maxresdefault.jpg

both guys dont want it eventho the outcome was questionable, if they are not excited how can you be?

Back