Till believed in his chin too much? Remember this IG post from a year ago?

Mr WorldWide

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

He wasn’t hurt against Wonderboy despite getting tagged hard a few times and got hurt by Woodley and hit with vicious shots on the ground but weathered the storm courageously even putting a thumbs up if I remember correctly. He got hit hard against Jorge and got put out and I’m assuming even he is as shocked as we all were based on him not releasing any statement yet even just to say he is okay.

If Gorge was his first KO loss then he might fight a lot more cautiously in his next outing.

Taking shots like that in sparring prolli degraded his chin real quick

Yes, he said he had an iron chin many times in a lot of interviews, both before and after the Woodley fight. Might be part of why he has the confidence to keep his guard so low. Getting KO'd flat unconscious really must have shaken him.

That's how you crack a chin.

He dunnnh kehhhhh

Im no like scientist or whatever but

Speed = power

He’s probably doubting everything, that he ever believed about himself. I hope he can make the necessary adjustments, and come back stronger. Probably could use a new team, and some time in the states.

Be like Jones. Have a good/great chin but also try to avoid taking direct hits or bombs.

He’s probably doubting everything, that he ever believed about himself. I hope he can make the necessary adjustments, and come back stronger. Probably could use a new team, and some time in the states.
I imagine if he 100% committed to moving to the US with the best team he'd come back better than ever!

Those ain't 4 ounce gloves. Though his problem in the fight wasn't over-reliance on chin; he doesn't fight like Diego Sanchez used to. He relied on his range and distance, but Masvidal's wonky footwork/lunge threw him off and he got caught clean on the button.

He looks heavier here. Regardless that shot from Masvidal was very powerful would have floored anyone. Didnt help that Tills chin was in the air either lol

Mass x Velocity= Profit. Or something like that, lol
My sherbro science degree says this is correct, but I think speed is the key factor over mass as KOs happen in FLW but if HWs were restricted to slow strikes idk if itd be possible

Idk if I threw a .50 cal bullet like a baseball
Id think shooting a .22 would work better.

But again I studied at Shervard University

My sherbro science degree says this is correct, but I think speed is the key factor over mass as KOs happen in FLW but if HWs were restricted to slow strikes idk if itd be possible

Idk if I threw a .50 cal bullet like a baseball
Id think shooting a .22 would work better.

But again I studied at Shervard University
Can't disagree with your logic, lol.

My Boxing coach used to say "If you throw a rock at a wall it will go threw the wall. Learn to throw that same rock twice as fast and it will go threw that wall and the one behind it."

The moral of the story here is speed kills I think, haha.

Those ain't 4 ounce gloves. Though his problem in the fight wasn't over-reliance on chin; he doesn't fight like Diego Sanchez used to. He relied on his range and distance, but Masvidal's wonky footwork/lunge threw him off and he got caught clean on the button.
He hot tagged flush a bunch of times before the KO. Masvidal has phenomenal speed when he wants to use it, and he's proven to know when an opponent doesn't move his head much. He banged Cowboy up the same way. Neither guy moves his head offline much, if at all. Jorge for sure spotted that hole in Toll's defense.

Can't disagree with your logic, lol.

My Boxing coach used to say "If you throw a rock at a wall it will go threw the wall. Learn to throw that same rock twice as fast and it will go threw that wall and the one behind it."

The moral of the story here is speed kills I think, haha.
Yoo I dig that quote haha it cant be argued

Back