Lawler vs Askren? C'mon Red Goof, really?

Individualthoughtpatterns

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Ben won fair and square. He showed tremendous heart after getting slammed and gnp'd. It was amazing how quickly he got the submission after that. Lawler was out for a moment, and if not, there was still 100 seconds left. Ben wasnt letting go. If the round had played out and somehow Robbie didn't die, it would have been a clear 10/9 for Askren.

I mean, were there calls for a Fedor vs Randleman rematch because Fedor got slammed and then came back to win by submission?

I was hoping this was forgotten and Ben was moving on to bigger and better match-ups.

Ben won fair and square. He showed tremendous heart after getting slammed and gnp'd. It was amazing how quickly he got the submission after that. Lawler was out for a moment, and if not, there was still 100 seconds left. Ben wasnt letting go. If the round had played out and somehow Robbie didn't die, it would have been a clear 10/9 for Askren.

I mean, were there calls for a Fedor vs Randleman rematch because Fedor got slammed and then came back to win by submission?
<{cruzshake}>

It's a waste of however many fights both guys have left. Just give Lawler the kind of opponent he'd have gotten w a win.

Yeah, fuck rematches in general. This many fighters on the roster, so much potential and zero fucking creativity from Dana and CO.

Lawler desperately needs a couple of high light reel wins.

He's now 1-3 in his last 4.

Let him punch Mike Perry's lights out.

Rehashing this shit is annoying. Neither of these guys are spring chickens, there are tons of more interesting matchups waiting to be made and not so much time to make them.

Last edited:
Vendetta fight for the goof. He gets to see Ben given another dose of barbarian brain damage, his stock goes nowhere, or potentially down, and if Ben gets tko'd he's suspended for 6 months. Not too interested, but dammit I love Robbie so I'm in.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Askren is acting like a bitch. The decision was controversial so you gotta run it back.

That round would have been a clear 10-8 for Robbie.

Askren was the only guy to go out momentarily in the fight.

If Ben didn't let go, that would be bad for him. It's exhausting to squeeze a guys head full force if it's not a choke.

There was no submission. Just a bad call by Herb, who admitted it right after with the biggest "I fucked up" face I've ever seen.

Dana dislikes Askren A LOT.
He can pretend but now everyone should see it for what it is. Personal vendetta to get rid of Askren didn’t work out first time out, and now he has an excuse to do it again.

One round doesnt win you the fight. Even with the submission the knockdown and slam still might have won lawler the round. We deserve to see that fight again.

Olympic wrestler has you in that position with almost 2 min left in a round, you're not making it out.

Looking forward to the rematch, hoping for another great fight. GOAT Robbie deserves better than to be fucked over by Herb.

Olympic wrestler has you in that position with almost 2 min left in a round, you're not making it out.

Don't shatter the uninformed haters fantasy

Askren is well known for his grip and crushing strength

Why bother smart people know this harmed no ones "brand" Robbie can go have a fight with the Wonderboy Pettis winner or maybe Ponz and Askren can go fight Jorge or the Colby Usman winner.

It's a waste of however many fights both guys have left. Just give Lawler the kind of opponent he'd have gotten w a win.
I think it should be Lawler vs Woodley so Lawler can get that one back and move toward a title shot.

My thoughts on the rematch are if they are going to do it do it fast. Don't drag this thing out everyone wants to move on.

- i do think Robbie deserves it but not the end of the world if it doesn't happen.

Back