Pettis has a shot.

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
I never was high on Pettis, but it's just sad how his nut huggers all but disappeared after his losses. Kinda like Miguel Torres, but better.

Wonderboy is on a big hype train at the moment, whether it's well deserved or not, it's another matter, but people forget how he really struggled against Mike Brown out of all people. It was a while ago, but still a fight was a fight. Was Wonderboy so much better on his feet than he was back then? I doubt it.

It looks like everyone is counting out Pettis, but I think Pettis has a shot if he can go up a weight class and have the speed advantage of a light weight. It kinda reminds me of when Hendo went up against Fedor, and how he was quoted saying how Fedor is bigger but he's not someone who try to use his weight to pin him against the cage and all that, and actually Dan was the one who did that for more than half the fight duration, and I think Pettis said something similar regarding the weight advantage. One common aspect of the fight is also that I think Dan and Pettis knew their opponent well.

Fedor is a better fighter than Dan by far. Wonderboy is a better striker than Pettis, probably by a good margin. But, Wonderboy relies on his speed, combination and footwork. Above all, his speed and timing. If Pettis can somehow be FASTER, not as fast, but FASTER, I think he has a shot, just like Dan Hendo, not long removed from getting wrestlefucked by Jake Shields of all people, knocked out Fedor.

This is an mma fight right? Of course he has a shot lol. Brilliant revelation

Pettis is shot

wonderboy got no ground game, if pettis can get the fight to the ground, easy sub there.

but pettis still can have fun on the feet, much more unorthodox than wonderboy so could catch him with something unexpected.

whens the fight? i really wanna see pettis win!

I'm surprised anyone is interested enough in this fight to write up a few paragraphs like that.

pettis needs to find a heart and reason to fight

Pettis is shot.
It's hard to argue this considering how much damage he took throughout his MMA career. Wondedrboy will crack him open.

EDIT: had a brainfart there, hehe.

Wonderboy has shown he has a weak chin, but he recovers well.

Wish he would abandon this "chess game" bullshit mentality which he always says he'll stop with and go for it, but never does. Cost him the second Woodley fight for sure. And against Till.

i mean it's not a good shot.

also wonderboy isn't on a " hypetrain " atm, and it was MATT brown, and wonderboy clearly improved since then like why even bring that up lmao.

I never was high on Pettis, but it's just sad how his nut huggers all but disappeared after his losses. Kinda like Miguel Torres, but better.

Wonderboy is on a big hype train at the moment, whether it's well deserved or not, it's another matter, but people forget how he really struggled against Mike Brown out of all people. It was a while ago, but still a fight was a fight. Was Wonderboy so much better on his feet than he was back then? I doubt it.

It looks like everyone is counting out Pettis, but I think Pettis has a shot if he can go up a weight class and have the speed advantage of a light weight. It kinda reminds me of when Hendo went up against Fedor, and how he was quoted saying how Fedor is bigger but he's not someone who try to use his weight to pin him against the cage and all that, and actually Dan was the one who did that for more than half the fight duration, and I think Pettis said something similar regarding the weight advantage. One common aspect of the fight is also that I think Dan and Pettis knew their opponent well.

Fedor is a better fighter than Dan by far. Wonderboy is a better striker than Pettis, probably by a good margin. But, Wonderboy relies on his speed, combination and footwork. Above all, his speed and timing. If Pettis can somehow be FASTER, not as fast, but FASTER, I think he has a shot, just like Dan Hendo, not long removed from getting wrestlefucked by Jake Shields of all people, knocked out Fedor.

I'll be rooting for Pettis just like I always do. And yes he has a shot but he is giving up a lot of size.

Not sure if I agree on a Wonderboy hype train through. The guy is 1-2-1 in his last 4. His last dominant performance was taking out a post USADA Hendricks 3 years ago.

Pettis has a shot of Flatlining wonderboy and his corner in a minute if he bring a ak47

These two goofs are going to look at each other for 25 minutes.

It's just such a bizarre fight to make, really.

Pettis is in no man's land. Fighting at WW against a rangy striker. W T F. Where did it all go wrong?
He'd be better going to a different org at this point - maybe that's the next step.

I agree. When you look at all the fighters that move up, they tend to be quicker then the other guy. Especially when it stays standing. The footwork of wonderboy is the main issue here. Its closer than some think though.

It sounds like you're suggesting Matt Brown beat Stephen with his speed in a standup match. Not sure if you're serious?

Back