Anthony Pettis Would Never Fight Ben Askren: 'I'll Save Myself The Embarrassment'

dissectingaorticaneurysm

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score

The young lad is aware of his limitations. Though he's going to get just as bad of an ass whoopin from Wonderboy, albeit with kicks instead of wrestlefuck. I kinda feel bad for Pettis- there are no easy fights in this division for him and he's vastly outmuscled by everyone.

Lol I'm behind .So Pettis is a WW now right? Dang..why he made that switch

Lol I'm behind .So Pettis is a WW now right? Dang..why he made that switch
because-
Anthony-Pettis-Wikipedia-2019-03-21-17-26-42.png

not like it'll go any better at 170 though.

dafuq is Pettis doing at WW he wanna die or something

and against a guy who is better at everything he does too. And is bigger, stronger, faster AND has a much better chin.

A lamb to the slaughter.
At this point one would expect Pettis to make smart career choices and pick his fights better...

Tyquil, Asscream & Pettis are teammates.

Colby, Jorge & Pokenibbio are teammates.

Lawler & Snoozeman are teammates.

Good luck, matchmakers.

Heh. Interesting.

But i'll never forget those Bendo & Cowboy fights. It was short lived, but he was king of the hill for sure.

That 2nd Bendo fight submission win was a thing of beautiful.

At this point one would expect Pettis to make smart career choices and pick his fights better...

Pettis I think knows his championship days are over, he wants to matched up with fighters in which he can put on a good fight and hope to pocket extra money via bonuses.

Pettis is one of those weird guys that seem frail at any weight class.

Heh. Interesting.

But i'll never forget those Bendo & Cowboy fights. It was short lived, but he was king of the hill for sure.

That 2nd Bendo fight submission win was a thing of beautiful.

Subbing Bendo and then Gil is IMO maybe the best 2 fight finishing streak in the history of the sport in terms of who they were and how it was done. Subbing those two was basically thought of as impossible. I mean, Bendo was literally known as the un-subbable fighter.

He went from Wheaties superstar to now not even be good enough for Great Value Bran Flakes

He has been physically overmatched in every division he fights in. 145, 155, 170. Doesn't matter his opponents always physically bigger and stronger. Pettis in UFC is a speed and technique guy, he never has the size advantage. Not sure if it was the same in WEC as I didn't see those fights. But I'm guessing UFC fighters per division are bigger than WEC. UFC fighters are always p4p the biggest.

Subbing Bendo and then Gil is IMO maybe the best 2 fight finishing streak in the history of the sport in terms of who they were and how it was done. Subbing those two was basically thought of as impossible. I mean, Bendo was literally known as the un-subbable fighter.
Right?!? I still enjoy watching Henderson v Cerrone I (but not really II or III), the fight that dubbed him 'Bendo' forever.

And yes, I should have added Gil to that list in my other post. Forgot that one. Cheers.

Even he knows he'd get grapplefucked into a living death

he did seem unstoppable at the time. He also held the belt longer due to his inactivity from injuries. Those Wheaties checks let him live like a king.

Back