DAZN doubles price following UFC-ESPN deal

OzoneX

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Roughly seven months after its U.S. launch, DAZN, the streaming service that has become the home of some of boxing’s biggest stars, as well as both Bellator and Combate Americas, is making a significant price change.

The John Skipper-led service had been charging $9.99 per month across the board. The new price structure will be $19.99 per month, but a discount for regular subscribers to $99.99 per year, which works out to just under $8.50 per month.

The $19.99 per monthly subscription price tag represents a significant increase from other similar subscription services like Netflix, which changed the game, or ESPN+, its sports competition which is $4.99 per month and $49.99 per year. ESPN+ this past week announced a $59.99 separate charge for monthly UFC pay-per-views.

DAZN officials announced the change on Thursday after studying subscriber patterns. They found that their audience in general fit into two categories. One category was those who subscribed and watched regularly, whether it was the boxing, MMA or Major League Baseball coverage. That group maintained its subscription.

The other group treated DAZN more as a pay-per-view entity, subscribing, watching a single event, and then canceling after the event.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/3/21/18275926/dazn-to-change-price-structure

$$$

Thanks for the heads up! Cancelling my DAZN as I type this

Damn!!! Didn't even wait to corner the market before fucking us.....

was already paying 19,99S since last november....
But I cancelled my sub after the end of the NFL season.

I'll take the 100$/yr next time.

So they have low numbers too embarrassing to report publicly and they double the price now? Great idea.

You guys all sound poor compared to me who is so rich and buffed

was already paying 19,99S since last november....
But I cancelled my sub after the end of the NFL season.

I'll take the 100$/yr next time.
let us know about this 'next time' so we can all share with you.

lol... the whole point is that regular subscribers get a better deal across a year. If you just duck in & out each month, then you would've ducked out anyway.

Or is your concern paying it all up front? Perhaps look into if they have a payment plan for yearly subscription.

Looks like I'll be cancelling my subscription before 3/25/19 then. If you are doing the same please let DAZN know that you are cancelling your subscription due to the doubling of the price. Hopefully they lose a shit load of subscribers and change the price back.

Cant wait for the shitstorm when UFC pulls the same move a year from now

Extremely low quality unreliable pathetic video stream and they're gonna charge double? Lame. I gave them a chance, but now...

WTF??? Will be cancelling soon. Nobody told them to give out all those crazy deals to boxers and now they want us to pay for it?

UPDATE: Ok I actually read the whole article and it makes sense business wise (read below). Seems like I won't have to worry about that $19.99 price tage anytime soon.

For those who subscribe based on the event, like a pay-per-view, the mentality is that $19.99 is still far less expensive than the price of a Canelo Alvarez or Gennady Golovkin pay-per-view would have been.

All current subscribers to the service will be grandfathered in and be able to maintain subscriptions at $9.99 per month for one more year without committing to the full year.

Still 9.99 grandfathered in for a year if you already subscribe but if you already canceled it you might have lost that

Back