Chris Weidman didnt actually physically decline that much he just started fighting real opposition

PastOfPrime

Gjergj Kastrioti - Skënderbeu
Banned
Reaction score
Chris Weidman would still beat the likes of the fighters he had beaten like Silva , Belfort , Machida , Munoz , Maia and yes he physically declined but that factor is way overrated the biggest thing is that he started fighting real tough competition .
Even though he was very competitive in every single one of his losses(He wasnt winning any of them like his fanboys claim to besides the Gegard one which ended in the second in a round which Teh Chris was clearly losing) he wasnt in the level of his opposition it was clear that he got the lottery by being the first of the "next generation of MW"(Jacare and Romero are old AF but still) to get to the #1 contendership and fight Anderson Silva. None of them were even in the UFC when Chris earned the #1 contender spot.
Dont get me wrong im not a hater of Chris but fighters like Silva , Machida, Non TRT Belfort , Munoz , Maia , Sakaro cant compare to fighters like Jacare , Romero , Mousasi , Rockhold. It was more about the level of competition than with Chris being out of his prime .
Wont deny that those beatings took a lot out of him , A fun fact is that the only one to put him into the state of unconsciousness was Jacare (You can count the Romero knockout but Weidman was still conscious).

And yet you felt the need to make a thread out of nowhere discrediting him.
Im not hating on him im just stating some overlooked facts . You can check my post history im by no means a hater of any fighter let alone a hater of Chris.

Teh chris still whooped Gastelum.

Weidman's 'physical decline' is one of the biggest myths on Sherdog. And yea, people like to give him shit for 3 straight losses but they always ignore the competition he fought and how he did in those fights.

berneydidnotread.gif

Bit of both.

I remember being impressed by him against Machida.

Nah. Thing is, before the Luke fight he literally admitted to he was so light he could cut to Welterweight. This was post Usada. Think of that what you will

It's also not like his last fights werent competive. People act like he had no business to fight the guys he lost to, but that's not the case.

Weidman's 'physical decline' is one of the biggest myths on Sherdog. And yea, people like to give him shit for 3 straight losses but they always ignore the competition he fought and how he did in those fights.
Yes people discredit him a lot now he can still beat the fighters he beat back in the day he would beat them even in tehir primes, Chris was very competitive with all of the fighters who have defeated him. I dont think he was winning any of these fights but he was very competitive.

he was winning those fights,
until he lost...

Why can't the UFC throw teh Chris a softball every once and a while like they do Jacare and so many others.

Let Weidman have a go or two at Chris Comozzi to pad that record up..

2 fluke wins vs anderson
Waited to face trt free vitor

N have no idea what Machida was doping in that fight. If he was lil more agressive, he would’ve beat Chris

Let him have a crack at Ed Herman to get that confidence back on track seem to work for Souza...

2 fluke wins vs anderson
Waited to face trt free vitor

N have no idea what Machida was doping in that fight. If he was lil more agressive, he would’ve beat Chris
He destroyd Anderson and would do the same even if he fought "Prime" Silva . I dont know about TRT Vitor but he would beat any version of Machida as well.

Im not hating on him im just stating some overlooked facts . You can check my post history im by no means a hater of any fighter let alone a hater of Chris.
Its not overlooked. Theres millions of anderson nutfleas buzzing this kind of hater talk.

I don't think he's declined physical a lot but his chin has. The amount of damage Herb Dean let him take against Rockhold ruined his chin.

>2014 knee injury, required surgery on both knees
>2015 buroken hand injury
>2016 cervical disc hernia
>2017 torn ligament, needed surgery, took a tendon out
>bones had an issue and blood supply didnt come back, crushed all cartilage b/w joints
>2nd surgery, needed to take out hip bone and create a new joint

its pretty obvious all the injuries have buroken down his body. Hes still one of the most technical guys in the division but physically isnt the same guy he was from 2012-2014.

Thats why he was able to still dominate Kelvin b/c Kelvin couldnt physically overwhelm him like guys like Luke, Yoel and Jacare

Last edited:
Chris looked good in all his losses until he didn't.

His mental game surely was affected by a bunch of losses so close to each other then we have the surgeries and time off things are hard but he isn't done in my opinion.

Who even has his schedule come to think of it.

Back