Can Cerrone Beat Iaquinta?

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
Al has better boxing, great cardio, solid chin, and very good TDD and defense on the ground. Not sure how Cerrone wins this, thoughts?

Not to sure either, Al catches him with a combo in the 2nd for the TKO but I’m hoping for a Cerrone headkick

100%

I think Cowboy is dynamic on the feet, has good cardio, and has only been getting demolished/KO'd stiff by 170 pounders as of late.

Let's never forget, this is Father Cerrone we're talking about.

usatsi_11644300.jpg

My only concern is about Cowboy making 155 again. I think he should let this weight class go and move up.

But - if he will not suffer from the weight cut he has a good chance. 50/50 for me.

Dope fight tbh if Donald will be fit enough after weight cut. His last performance was brill

Not sure, but that is one hell of a great match-up.

Violence written all over it.

i think Cowboy will pick Al apart if he stays outside. If Al can turn it ugly, which he normally can, i could see him pulling it out

If Cerrone takes the Amanda Nunes or Cyborg approach and just be super aggressive, he may or may not win.. You let Al go out there and dictate the paste of the match.. It's over by a decision.. Unless knowing the ufc.. They judges may do Al dirty.. Since he's not a big of a name.

Last edited:
Al ain't all that he's far more tough than really good, I think Cowboy is far more versatile in all ways than Al whose more of a just bleeder fighter...

100%

I think Cowboy is dynamic on the feet, has good cardio, and has only been getting demolished/KO'd stiff by 170 pounders as of late.

usatsi_11644300.jpg
Cerone with baby in hand is unstoppable!

Up there with sea level Cain and Chuck with that look in his eyes.

100%

usatsi_11644300.jpg
He's actually never been Ko'd stiff by anybody... just saying.

I just have this image in my mind of Al going in hard for takedowns and Cerrone kneeing the shit out of him. First couple of times it's a body shot, but then Cerrone breaks Al's face with the fight-ending knee.

Cerrone by TKO Rd3

Of course he can , He is gonna whoop that ass.

100%

usatsi_11644300.jpg
That baby is wearing tiny cowboy boots. I can die now.

Father Cowboy beats Khabib by triangle in the first.

Al is a real tough matchup for Cowboy. He doesn't have his best performances against pressure style boxers, and he's gonna be hard pressed to beat him with grappling because Al is very well-versed in defensive grappling.

i'd favor iaquinta at this point but wouldn't count cerrone out, depending on which version shows up.

i'd say like 60/40 iaquinta, because we never know which cowboy we're gonna get.

Back