Are there really people who believe Silva was in his prime when he lost to Weidman?

GrayArea

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Brb 38 years old

Brb fighting professionally for 16 years already

The Silva that beat Franklin and Hendo back to back would absolutely KO any version of Weidman, inside 3 rounds. Discuss

Brb 38 years old

The Silva that beat Franklin and Hendo back to back would absolutely KO any version of Weidman, inside 3 rounds. Discuss

brb?

You going somewhere?

I was one of the biggest Silva haters but come on man you can't be saying he wasnt in his prime. He was definitely in his prime but wrestlers always gave him trouble.

He wasn't in his prime and Weidman is a fluke artist.

definitely not in prime. obvious fact is obvious

Stay on thread topic bud, id appreciate your input

well when you do come back here's my unpopular opinion.

If Silva doesn't clown in the 1st, and break his leg in the 2nd.....he beats Weidman both times.

Both fights...Weidman gassed hard. He looked slow as molasses.

well when you do come back here's my unpopular opinion.

If Silva doesn't clown in the 1st, and break his leg in the 2nd.....he beats Weidman both times.

Both fights...Weidman gassed hard. He looked slow as molasses.
I’m back, and I agree. Plus when you add in the fact that Weidman has gassed badly in all of his losses, it validates your opinion further.

Brb 38 years old

A younger Silva lost to cans like Takase and Chonan and never avenged those losses.

I’m back, and I agree. Plus when you add in the fact that Weidman has gassed badly in all of his losses, it validates your opinion further.

Both fights looked like a lot of Anderson fights.

He loses the first round, figures his opponent out and finishes them.

A younger Silva lost to cans like Takase and Chonan and never avenged those losses.
Japan=fixed fights

Also I said the Silva that finished Franklin and Hendo back to the back would beat any Weidman. His losses in Japan were 4-5 years prior to Hendo.

Brb 38 years old

Steroids makes you younger and prolong career.

Yes he was still in his prime and no one was saying he was slowing down before that fight.

He clearly wasn't in his prime.
I've always held the opinion that Silva excited his prime after the Lutter fight.

Six years earlier.

Steroids makes you younger and prolong career.

Yes he was still in his prime and no one was saying he was slowing down before that fight.
Silva failed a drug test for the Weidman fight? That’s news to me.

Brb 38 years old

Yeah so to be honest the truth is that brb

Excuse me, Mr.Takase and Mr. Chonan would like to have a word with you.....

You can dismiss the Chonan sub as flukey and one in a million. You cannot however dismiss a 10 minute one-sided mauling and verbal submission into the junk of one of the biggest Japcans to ever grace the sport.

He was still in his prime though the tail end of it. Anderson's TDD before the Sonnen fights wasn't nearly as good as after. He also got much better at getting back to his feet. If Weidman fought a younger Anderson he would have beaten him on the ground instead of on the feet since he would of been easier to takedown and keep down.

Back