What do you think would be the best gameplan to defeat Jon Jones ?

dontlaugh

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I know y'all gonna bring the USADA jokes, but seriously, how would you approach fighting this man, what the f*ck would you do ? What do you think is the best way to somehow defeat this guy ? So far there's no holes in his game that fighters could try to exploit.

Every dominant champ showed some form of vulnerability to something at one point or another, he doesn't. He just gets in there and destroys people. There has to be a way.

Poke him in the eyes, kick him in the nads.

Sneak steroids into him during his training camp to get the loss overturned after you lose to him.

It just needs a better wrestler than him with better standup.
Easy, in theory but not so easy in practice.

Pressure pressure pressure. You have to keep moving forward and take away his distance control. You need good footwork to cut off the cage and be able to make it dirty. Good offensive and defensive wrestling are a must too. All of this is easier said than done because Jones is a master of keeping that distance. DC has the right idea but couldn’t execute it.

strong low leg kick.

Ankle lock / Knee bar attempt maybe?

attack those chicken legs imo.

I was thinking this the other day and imo the best person to beat Jones is:

-Someone who can beat him at kicking range. This means this striker must be same height or taller and beat Jones to the kick so to speak. A huge part of his game.
-Be able to negate the wrestling
-Be able to equal the boxing (not that hard)

A tall, rangy kickboxer with A level athleticism with great TDD can beat him. Who that is (insert Jonny Walker pics) i dont know but thats best style to dethrone Jones imo

Good footwork, Fast Hands, Great Boxing, Body Punching.

Basically a 6'4" 230lb Jose Aldo is what you need.

Just go after him. Jones is a range fighter with less than average power.

A brawler/wrestler that isn’t afraid to get hit is the one that’s going to beat him.

Just get DQ'ed, whine about PEDs in the post-fight conference, and enjoy a moral victory on Sherdog.

I think someone like Robert Whittaker has a great style to beat him. Jones is a range fighter that relies a lot on his reach to keep his opponent at range and use it to avoid strikes. But Whittaker can get past that reach and hit him in the pocket by Blitzing in with his karate in and out Blitzing style.

I was thinking this the other day and imo the best person to beat Jones is:

-Someone who can beat him at kicking range. This means this striker must be same height or taller and beat Jones to the kick so to speak. A huge part of his game.
-Be able to negate the wrestling
-Be able to equal the boxing (not that hard)

A tall, rangy kickboxer with A level athleticism with great TDD can beat him. Who that is (insert Jonny Walker pics) i dont know but thats best style to dethrone Jones imo
Would Stipe have a chance ? He is not going to kick Jones but he does fit the rest.

According to the experts on Sherdog after some of Jones's recent fights, it's "just go fucking nuts bro and swing for the fences with haymakers....just see red and go fucking nuts and try to win bro".

" Technically " if Jon owns a weakness I'd say it's his technical boxing. Ultimately someone will pull off upset and it'll be someone who has the size , being a complete fighter and has the boxing/chin chops to catch Jon , but good, and follow him down as we hear announce team go ape-shit.

Would Stipe have a chance ? He is not going to kick Jones but he does fit the rest.
I think Jones wrecks Stipe, easily. Stipe not athletic enough. Against super athletes that punch hard he is fucked at heavyweight. JDS murders him imo

Back