If Pettis loses this wk end

Nabs

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
What is going to be his excuse this time? We've heard about a hard weight cut and a broken hand against Holloway, a broken rib against Poirier and another broken hand against Tony. I'm not sure any of those injuries were actually confirmed afterward. Pettis just seems to quit when it's clear that he's stuck being the nail. I hope Wonderboy KOs him in a clean way so that he doesn't have an opportunity to blame it on an injury.

He gave nothing but props to Tony after the win (in the Octagon at least).

I got WB by late KO.

It's an extremely tough match for Pettis. He doesn't have the length, the power, the wrestling or the technical advantage.

He's tough though and Wonderboy doesn't throw too much volume so I got WB by Dec.

I don’t know Pettis is going “ shock the world “ with his striking in this match up so I imagine he’ll give up some time in the second round when Wonder boy’s karate proves too frustrating.

He’s been 4-6 in his last 10. Another loss and it’s hang em up or on to Bellator. And to think he was on a Wheaties box...
wheaties.0.jpg

What is going to be his excuse this time? We've heard about a hard weight cut and a broken hand against Holloway, a broken rib against Poirier and another broken hand against Tony. I'm not sure any of those injuries were actually confirmed afterward. Pettis just seems to quit when it's clear that he's stuck being the nail. I hope Wonderboy KOs him in a clean way so that he doesn't have an opportunity to blame it on an injury.
He told Duke his hand was broken between rounds and showed it after the fight, Pettis doesn't really seem like the type to make up injuries. Pretty sure he showed his hand after Hollaway as well and the fact he didn't make weight would certainly give credence to the hard weight cut talk, lol.

This is just the first step on Wonderboy's journey to the title. Funny how UFC has him ranked #4 but sherdong has him all the way down at #11. I agree with UFC on this one. He's still elite, he just needs to learn to pull the trigger again and stop being afraid to destroy someone.

He’s been 4-6 in his last 10. Another loss and it’s hang em up or on to Bellator. And to think he was on a Wheaties box...
wheaties.0.jpg

Technically he should be on the out if he loses, but his name is too big and his style too fan friendly for the UFC to cut or not re-sign him. He might not be a contender anymore but there will always be fun and interesting matchups for him. I mean Ross Pearson is not even half the fighter Pettis is and he's lost plenty ( and by KO too) in a row but is still signed.

Couldn't you just type out Weekend? There really wasn't a need to shorten the word, let alone making it two words.

Couldn't you just type out Weekend? There really wasn't a need to shorten the word, let alone making it two words.

Sorry White Belt. Will pay more attention next time. English is not my first language so please bear with me and be lenient :rolleyes:

Duke clearly assumed it on him. They didn’t want him to take more punishment from tony and lose more of his stock.

This guy hasn’t been the same since RDA yet still fighting top contenders, he’s been done since 2015.

I rarely see Pettis making excuses. Maybe I don't pay attention on him...

All I know is if Pettis wins this weekend, he'd become a top ranked welterweight, which means UFC would have a hard time matching up these guys on top.

Tyquil, Asscream, Pettis = teammates
Covington, Masvidal, Pokenibbio = teammates
Snoozeman, Lawler = teammates

Last edited:
Damn all the hate against Pettis. Not everyone is a championship calibur fighter. Dude has amazing kicks and is an exciting striker to watch. Let's just enjoy ?

Last edited:
Duke clearly assumed it on him. They didn’t want him to take more punishment from tony and lose more of his stock.

This guy hasn’t been the same since RDA yet still fighting top contenders, he’s been done since 2015.

That ass whooping from RDA def changed his life. It was a performance comparable to the one Usman just put on Tyron. Just dominated him from bell to bell. Always thought Pettis was overrated. Flashy and dangerous but not as good as people like Rogan, etc. made him out to be. Once RDA cracked his code, it was over for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back