Do you guys think DC would fight Jones...

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Again? And if does, what can he do differently to win?

Not at LHW. And Jones* is not moving up. So the easy answer is no, they won’t even fight again, for more than one reason.

He could lie flat on his back and hope Jones has a Matt Hamill flashback I guess...

Not at LHW. And Jones* is not moving up. So the easy answer is no, they won’t even fight again, for more than one reason.
I get the feeling that he is itching for it because of his pride

Try dirty boxing again. As brutal as the KO was, he was doing good up until that point. I think if he tried that and mixed it up with takedown attempts to keep jones honest it would be his best shot but i dont think he'd be able to pull it off.

Try dat dirty boxing again.

GleamingMedicalImpala-size_restricted.gif

if jones wasnt scared it would of happened at heavyweigh already.

but the world see;s that jon jones doesnt have the guts to fight clean or move up

If Cormier wants a better chance then the fight must happen at HW, and Cormier to have his belly, he is much more dangerous with the belly which has been proved over and over and over again. Lean Cormier is just OK, but nothing special.

He needs to try and take Jones down, he never really went for takedowns at all the last 2 times, he shot once or twice and picked Jones up and slammed him in 5th round of 1st fight, but apart from that he was just doing a boxing match basically. Jones is crazy hard to take down, but he needs to attempt it more.

If Cormier wants a better chance then the fight must happen at HW, and Cormier to have his belly, he is much more dangerous with the belly which has been proved over and over and over again. Lean Cormier is just OK, but nothing special.

He needs to try and take Jones down, he never really went for takedowns at all the last 2 times, he shot once or twice and picked Jones up and slammed him in 5th round of 1st fight, but apart from that he was just doing a boxing match basically. Jones is crazy hard to take down, but he needs to attempt it more.
I totally agree

I'm surprised by all the answers that say he couldn't do anything. To me, the obvious answer is to block high kicks as well as low.

DC's best chance was the first fight with Jones when he had 100% confidence in himself. Unless the fight's at HW I don't think he has any chance as "past his prime DC" in a LHW fight against peak Jones.

On that note Jon Jones epitaph is going to read "Greatest LHW ever, never tested himself at HW"

Back