Prime Silva/GSP - who has an easier time vs the current champ?

Mason

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anderson Silva and Georges St-Pierre are the GOATs of their division. Robert Whittaker and Kamaru Usman are the current UFC champions.

Whittaker’s style plays right into the hands of MMA’s GOAT striker imo. I see prime Silva beating Whittaker via 2nd round KO.

Usman is bigger and has a larger frame than GSP (6’ vs 5’10”). Usman’s length, wrestling, cardio, pace, GNP, and underrated striking would give prime GSP problems imo. I see Usman beating prime GSP via 49-46 decision.

What do you think?

If by Prime you mean pre USADA, then yeah probably AS on his PED's has an easier time with Whittaker.

GSP still UD's Usman imo, but stylistically Whittaker should be an easier win for pre USADA Anderson.

Currently though, Whittaker beats Anderson pretty decisively, GSP still beats Usman.

GSP wrecks usman easy 50-45 jabs his face off. usman was getting rocked by demian maia lol

whittaker would use his wrestling and tip silva over and smash his whole face

If by Prime you mean pre USADA, then yeah probably AS has an easier time with Whittaker
Anderson Silva and GSP’s primes were during the pre USADA era, yes that is a fact.

Anderson Silva and Georges St-Pierre are the GOATs of their division. Robert Whittaker and Kamaru Usman are the current UFC champions.

Whittaker’s style plays right into the hands of MMA’s GOAT striker imo. I see prime Silva beating Whittaker via 2nd round KO.

Usman is bigger and has a larger frame than GSP (6’ vs 5’10”). Usman’s length, wrestling, cardio, pace, GNP, and underrated striking would give prime GSP problems imo. I see Usman beating prime GSP via 49-46 decision.

What do you think?
Prime Silva gets pieced up by Rob
Prime GSP dominates Snoozeman

What do you think?
Agreed.
But GSP had a killer jab that could keep wrestlers away.
It would be an interesting matchup.
But Silva would potentially straight up dominate, so I give him the nod.

Also LOL at Prime Silva being able to pass a test in USADA era.
Define the era .

Agree. Whitaker plays right into Silvas strength.

Usman / GSP ... thats interesting.

Not sure GSP ever faced someone that much bigger than him with elite wrestling and cardio.

Either Woodley had a bad night or Usman is the real deal.

What do you think?
Let's dismantle you post point-by-point:

1) Whittakersr style in no way whatsoever plays into Silva's game. Whittaker extensively uses feints and rhythm manipulation, which were shown to be Silva's downfall. HesH also a good enough of a wrestler to actually pose a TD threat(he was supposed to represent Australia in the Commonwealth games). So, Silva may win, but it would in no way be easy.

I personally give it to Whittaker 6 / 10

2) Usman may be 3" taller than GSP, but thing is, he doesn't stand out in any field. His main Strength is his combination of his brute strength and bread and butter wrestling style. His chin isn't the best(Maia wobbled him), his hands are nothing special, and he doesn't have great Jitz.

GSP wins a decision, probably ~7/10

GSP wrote the book on Usman’s strategy, and has a laser jab to boot. Easy UD for Rush.

Also LOL at Prime Silva being able to pass a test in USADA era.
Define the era .

Old man Silva has pass a few USADA test and looked pretty good for his age.

Arent u suppose to damage ur natural production if u are a long term PED user?

How come he doesnt look like USADA Vitor or other known PED users after USADA?

Old man Silva has pass a few USDA test and looked pretty good for his age.

Arent u suppose to damage ur natural production if u are a long term PED user?

How come he doesnt look like USADA Vitor or other known PED users after USADA?
Don’t forget that GSP fought a grand total of 1 time during the USADA era and was gassing hard during his fight with Ping.

Neither of them would have an easy time with the current champs.

GSP is a great wrestler with very good striking but he never faces someone like Usman before, the strong-relentless wrestling with endless cardio. And Usman is a lot bigger and a little bit stronger than GSP.

Anderson is a great sniper with great counter striking but his counter striking doesn't shine well against fighters that know when to come in and and doesn't overcommit. Anderson counter striking work the best when his opponent stay in the pocket for too long and leaves themselves open.and Whittaker is one of the best in and out fighter with his karate Blitzing style.

Last edited:
GSP wrote the book on Usman’s strategy, and has a laser jab to boot. Easy UD for Rush.

I think its more Randy Couture's playbook.

How many fights did GSP use the clinch as the main thing for 5 rounds straight?

Most GSP fights how I recall them are jabs into surprisingly fast transition into a double leg.

Prime Silva would absolutely beat the breaks off of any version of Bobby Knuckles

Don’t forget that GSP fought a grand total of 1 time during the USADA era and was gassing hard during his fight with Ping.

I honestly think GSP knew he was gassing and actually went for the kill due to that and it paid off.

IF Bisping would have survived that round ... i think GSP was in for a beating the next couple rounds.

He definitely looked gassed.

Back