What is the point of drug testing when....

0-1

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The results are not known until months after the fight? how the fuck was TJ allowed to fight? How is there not a policy in effect that makes sure all tests are analysed before the fight? how is that even hard to do? Why are we only hearing this now?

The results are not known until months after the fight? Why are we only hearing this now?

New policy. UFC & USADA agreed to stop announcing failed tests. About 2 months ago or so.

how the fuck was TJ allowed to fight? How is there not a policy in effect that makes sure all tests are analysed before the fight? how is that even hard to do?

Very hard. That's why they cannot. I cannot get into the specifics (others are better equipped to do that), but let's just say that the gamut of tests they run are not like a pregnancy test or breathalyzier that comes back + or - in a few minutes.

But just know, if they got the + test back before the fight, the fight would have been cancelled. So it's safe to assume that the sample was not taken from 5-2 weeks prior to the fight.

I think this was a random test. I haven't heard that this positive test is from before the Cejudo fight but I could be wrong they have knowingly allowed someone who failed drug tests to fight anyway(Lesnar and Jones).

The results are not known until months after the fight? how the fuck was TJ allowed to fight? How is there not a policy in effect that makes sure all tests are analysed before the fight? how is that even hard to do? Why are we only hearing this now?

Depends on which test he failed? They may have tested him the day before, the fight, the day of the fight or even a couple of weeks after the fight. You do know they get tested multiple times right?

After all Jones DC was cancelled because Jones failed a test the week leading up to the fight.

hes still losing his belt. he is still getting suspended. He is still getting punished.

Makes Jones cry.
jon-jones-crying-press-conference-doping.jpg

According to TJ's wikipedia page and some threads on sherdog he failed a drug test on the day he fought Cejudo so it sounds like he failed the post-fight drug test. In this case the USADA might not have caught him in any of the earlier tests but since they selectively release info it's impossible to say for sure.

The test was on the 18th, the day before the fight.

USADA and the UFC in general are just a farce

At least PRIDE was honest and didn't put a "Hollier than Thou" act about the PED usage

I prefer they don't ruin the card.

Jones is gonna come out dirty again after he fights a few more times. The UFC needs there revenue. They need names, even if they dope

You get to watch a fight.

Seriously tho, i think its not that easy to test the guys on very short amount of time, meaning, testing a guy on fight week and still get the result before the fight, so results still count even if they come after the fight, at least the cheating guy doesnt get to keep his win and/or belt.

Have you never noticed a fighter being pulled from a fight before it happens? It’s about as common as them getting busted after the fight.

USADA and the UFC in general are just a farce

At least PRIDE was honest and didn't put a "Hollier than Thou" act about the PED usage

That's not true. When they staged events in the US, they did testing and guys failed (like Vitor for example).

That's not true. When they staged events in the US, they did testing and guys failed (like Vitor for example).
Doesn't.matter, they did it because the athletic comissionc demanded it. But who cares?

you have no idea when the results were available. stop crying conspiracy...

Pretty sure they have to test for numerous specific things and the lab(s) they use are testing from all kinds of different places (USADA doesn't own it)

I'd imagine the UFC wouldn't want to cancel a main event fighter 1 day prior to the fight.

They knew 3 weeks after. They just don’t announce fails anymore. It’s the Jones* protocol.

Doesn't.matter, they did it because the athletic comissionc demanded it. But who cares?

My point was calling Pride "honest" about drug testing is a joke. They actively avoided discussing it (and plenty of fighters talked about Pride juicing post Pride) until a comission forced them to. The Pride event that Vitor was on had multiple failed tests.

Back