What about Brett Okamoto?

SpedDaddyV

GOAT
@Black
Reaction score
I never see anyone say anything about someone who is essentially the face of MMA journalism since the ESPN transition, and that is Brett Okamoto.

i

The guy is a much better looking Ariel Helwani and dare say a much better journalist as well. He asks hard-hitting questions, but he does it without the intention of instigating the fighter with the sole purposes of generating click bait. He also doesn’t seem like a self-sympathizer.

Is the guy half Japanese with that kind of last name?

He'll start catching hate from fans sooner than later just by being successful

I think his mother is Caucasian. Makes a handsome combination

Last edited:
He needs to fight Ariel for the #1 Contender MMA Journalist

Idk about his racial make-up but he is 10 times the professional Helwani is. I have no clue why he isn't THE guy for MMA on ESPN. Dude is great.

Idk about his racial make-up but he is 10 times the professional Helwani is. I have no clue why he isn't THE guy for MMA on ESPN. Dude is great.

How can be Okamoto more professional when Helwani is way smarter (he's jew)

He’s not THE guy on ESPN? Every interview or column on ESPN features Brett Okamoto. He also seems to have all the new breaking scoops on social media.

I feel like Ariel has been relegated to his comedy show with Chael Sonnen. In fact, I don’t even know how to watch the Ariel Show live anymore.

He is a UFC shill just like that fat dude John Morgan or whatever his name is

He is a UFC shill just like that fat dude John Morgan or whatever his name is

I actually like John Morgan. He is always so happy and enthusiastic when he asks a question. He really does need to lose some weight though.

He seems to be breaking a lot more fights news than Helwani, recently..

Helwani has all the connections to the mma fighters and their teams. The guy has GSP's personal cell phone number, who else does? He had earned his place in the sport (despite occasionally pissing some fighters off with his opinion).

Brett is basically Dana's mouthpiece and gets all the official interviews.

How can be Okamoto more professional when Helwani is way smarter (he's jew)

Asian vs. Jew when is comes to brains is a tough one. I think they stylistically cancel each other out like two wrestlers would in a fight. Therefore Brett wins by being better looking

Half an hour long but very interesting... Okamoto > Ariel

Some of the topics covered:

-Dana White beef
-Bellator/UFC fiasco
-Failing at the olympics
-Transition from wrestling to mma
-Ben’s wrestling accolades
-Ben’s previous opponents

Helwani has all the connections to the mma fighters and their teams. The guy has GSP's personal cell phone number, who else does? He had earned his place in the sport (despite occasionally pissing some fighters off with his opinion).

Brett is basically Dana's mouthpiece and gets all the official interviews.

Yeah but it means shit when UFC and ESPN are using Brett to leak all the biggest scoops now. Over time Brett will develop that kind of rapport with the fighters. Ariel can keep GSP’s and Fedor’s phone numbers and fade into obscurity.

He’s not THE guy on ESPN? Every interview or column on ESPN features Brett Okamoto. He also seems to have all the new breaking scoops on social media.

I feel like Ariel has been relegated to his comedy show with Chael Sonnen. In fact, I don’t even know how to watch the Ariel Show live anymore.
Point taken. I just feel like he does the heavy lifting while Ariel is treated like the face of MMA journalism. I hope you're right though and they move away from Ariel more in the future.

He'll start catching hate from fans sooner than later just by being successful

I agree he's a great journalist but something about him bugs me, like there's a lack of authenticity to his work, seems to want to appease and win favor with the UFC.

Good guy, but something about him seems...manufactured, and a bit preppy

Back