Petr Yan wants to fight for BW title (UFC MAKE A GRAND PRIX!!!)

shoorik1987

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

IMHO this is a time where UFC should do a Grand Prix.

Is there a reason why UFC is against GPs?

tumblr_m6syvvbp6e1qcq43jo1_500.jpg

While I think he’ll get his chance eventually, he hasn’t earned it yet. Give him Lineker/Sandhagen winner. Let Moraes fight Cejudo or Munhoz for the belt.

While I think he’ll get his chance eventually, he hasn’t earned it yet. Give him Lineker/Sandhagen winner. Let Moraes fight Cejudo or Munhoz for the belt.

I agree with you, but who knows, maybe his activity and always being in shape might get him there ahead of others, besides he is not tied up by a signed contract.

He might be the guy they call if some one pulls out last minute.

Bellator seem to manage fine.
Bellator doesn't do one night tournaments anymore, do they? And if they do, it's only a 4 man tournament with 2 round bouts for the first round of the tournament then 3 round bouts for the final round of the tournament. As at least CSAC and I think several others, do not allow for competing more than 5 rounds in an event.

Moraes is clearly next. A grand Prix would Rob him of a deserved title shot. Moraes v. Munhoz makes the most sense.

Not to mention a Grand Prix would hold up a division that hasn't had a title fight in 7 months. The more I think about the worse of an idea it is.

Last edited:
Bellator doesn't do one night tournaments anymore, do they? And if they do, it's only a 4 man tournament with 2 round bouts for the first round of the tournament then 3 round bouts for the final round of the tournament. As at least CSAC and I think several others, do not allow for competing more than 5 rounds in an event.

Why does it have to be 1 night?

I'm thinking over a couple of month.

I'm a huge fan of the guy but he doesn't deserve it yet. He needs one more big win.

The UFC should go to Japan and have a one night, eight man BW tournament to crown a new champ.

Ugh, the tought of Sterling in a title fight

Moraes is next in line

He looked great against Dodson but beating Dodson doesn’t get you a shot in that stacked Division

Looked at the word done by assuncao without getting a shot

Imo fight is Moraes v Cejudo

Sterling v Munoz
Yan v Rivera
Assuncao v Cody

Why does it have to be 1 night?

I'm thinking over a couple of month.

There hasn't been a title fight for 7 months. You're suggesting we hold it up further while giving all current contenders except one a loss on their record? This is an incredibly dumb idea.

Petr Yan as the champ might do good for markets in Russia and China

Back