Most exciting round in UFC history?

SpedDaddyV

GOAT
@Black
Reaction score
I was just watching Whittaker vs. Romero 2, and man is that third round awesome.

Romero rocks Whittaker at the beginning of the round with a hook that would put prime Liddell to sleep. Romero is like a demon possessed the entire round stalking Whittaker and pressuring him Diaz style.

Romero is gassed but walking through everything to get closer to Whittaker. At one point, Whittaker hits a head kick flush on Romero and he barely blinks. The replay shows blood squirting out of his mouth when the kick landed. Romero just continues to walk forward.

This probably wasn’t the best round ever, but it got me thinking, what is the best single round of all time?

Gotta be Congo vs Barry! Nobody knew what the hell was gonna happen beside the fight would end asap!

Magny v Hector Lombard. I remember Lombard beating on Mangny so bad that even th be announcers were calling to stop it ....... then Lombard let's up and Magny starts beating on him and beating on him till finally is stopped.

Arlovski v Browne was pretty fun. Though I do prefer a well rounded game (ground game and/or subs or sub attempts) in this category. If Lawler had dropped asleep after Askren let go, that one might count. Alas, it's tainted :(

Gotta be Congo vs Barry! Nobody knew what the hell was gonna happen beside the fight would end asap!

This fight is exactly why sometimes refs need to let it go just a tad longer.

Fun fact: Rose Namajunas was 15 when Pat Barry made his UFC debut. He was 28 or 29. He was initially her coach during her teen years.

That Round with Hughes vs Trigg. Hughes gets low blowed, ref doesn’t see, Trigg starts pounding on him, Hughes survives & picks up Trigg, carries him across the Octagon and slams him! Lol

McGregor vs Khabib round 3
Mcgregor vs Aldo whole fight
Mcgregor vs mendes round 2 was really cool, I didn’t know if Chad would survive
McGregor vs Diaz round 2 was epic (the first fight)

A couple that had me on the edge of my seat were the first rounds of
- Jones vs. Machida and
- Lesnar vs. Carwin

Back