Some respect to TJ on his day of atonement

Son of Sonnen

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I know it’s kind of a formality, but I have to give the dude some respect for relinquishing the title voluntarily. Almost definitely would have been stripped, but knowing the UFC they would have just made an interim title while the hearings and appeals went on. Could have been over a year with an interim how long these things can take when the fighter has means to challenge.

I have always thought TJ was a selfish narcissist and that people way over rated his accomplishments thus far in the sport. He and his fans are the chief offenders in claiming victory when he lost. But today, I am going to give him credit. He thought about the other fighters and the sport and got out of the way quicker than he had to. Nice job Tyler Jeffery.

Do we know it actually was voluntary or did The UFC just spin it that way?

They actually showed up to his house and had to strip it from his hands as he cried and screamed.

He has a big bowl of sketty now.....hes ok

I guess.... I figure if a guy is innocent he would have not given up his belt so easily and try to save face and question a tainted supplement or something that slipped by him. I guess this means he knew he was truly busted.

It doesn't matter to TS. He likes TJ so he's trying to rationalize TJ pissing hot. I wonder if his post history will illustrate the same neutral tone about Jon Jones pissing hot....

That's like a dude "admitting to adultery and not fighting the divorce" after his wife finds him in bed banging the life out of his secretary.

An integrity move would actually be to not use PEDs in the first place.

tenor.gif

Voluntarily

Eh, similar to turning yourself in for a warrant. Like sure you didn't make them chase you, but end of the day you still had to be caught doing something you knew you shouldn't have done. A guy like cro cop admitting to use despite not actually being flagged and suspended is a better example of being admirable about it. When you follow it with the standard brock response of "We need to get to the bottom of this" as if you had no idea how it happened kind of voids any attempt of being respectful.

I know it’s kind of a formality, but I have to give the dude some respect for relinquishing the title voluntarily. Almost definitely would have been stripped, but knowing the UFC they would have just made an interim title while the hearings and appeals went on. Could have been over a year with an interim how long these things can take when the fighter has means to challenge.

I have always thought TJ was a selfish narcissist and that people way over rated his accomplishments thus far in the sport. He and his fans are the chief offenders in claiming victory when he lost. But today, I am going to give him credit. He thought about the other fighters and the sport and got out of the way quicker than he had to. Nice job Tyler Jeffery.

So we should respect him for giving up his belt which is what usually happens when busted for roids as champion..i dont get it..he did what was going to happen anyways

Whats next we should respect him for waking up this morning ?

Tsnake Gynoshaw was caught with his britches down.

He knows he's a cheating ass-hat who got cold busted, so he's laying low, hoping to deflect the incoming shit-storm.

this, jones' pulses farce was too fresh, it'd have become like a recurring joke.

well, i think it's already a recurring joke...

I'll hold my opinion until the substance he popped for is released.

I'm guessing he failed on his cut to fight Cejudo? Could have easily just failed with diuretic or something of that nature. Everyone is just assuming steroids.

Always said he was a db coward. Never knew he was a cheat too. What a joke.

It’s not like he was the real champion anyway.

Snake.

Fuck that, he cheated he was suspended for a year. There was no way he was keeping his title. Him doing that is just more snake like behavior in an effort to get the fans to "respect" him. This is like breaking up with your significant other before they can break up with you because you need to feel in control.

That's like a dude "admitting to adultery and not fighting the divorce" after his wife finds him in bed banging the life out of his secretary.

An integrity move would actually be to not use PEDs in the first place.
For this to be an appropriate analogy Tj would have to:
A) Have been guilty of intentionally Cheating
B) Have admitted to it.

It’s still possible he’s innocent and really just wanted to do the right thing.

Testhead Juicy Dickpillashaw is a man full of integrity for sure OP

They actually showed up to his house and had to strip it from his hands as he cried and screamed.

He has a big bowl of sketty now.....hes ok

Those old Alpha Male episodes of TTTHS were some of the best.

No. No respect to TJ for his "atonement." If you're going to get stripped anyway (whether it was for PEDs like here or for moving out of the division, like DC recently), you gain zero points for doing it "on your own terms." The penalty is the same regardless, and he sure didn't say anything until the news came out and he couldn't hide it anymore, so no, no respect.

Well if the ufc stripped TJ it would be a bit like taking candy from a baby.

Because TJ is so small.

Back