Training footage of ex-NBA, 6'8 Royce White

Espresso

Post USADA era will make UFC great again
@Silver
Reaction score

Can we get some UFC trainees and practitioners to breakdown his technique.... perhaps his hairline?

Combine #s:

7'0 wingspan
Hand length 9.5 inches
Hand width 11.5
Weight 260 lbs

Future GOAT?

Last edited:
He looks like he's been training for a while from what I see here.

Decent technique on his punches and kicks.

UFC trainee, do you even trane?

2 months traning teh UFC and I kick Paul Bruhnyon’s lanky lumberjack ass. Fucking shortness challenged mofo.

giphy.gif

Future GOAT?

What?

Future punching bag. You can't just come from basketball and be good at fighting.

You Americans have this term that someone is "Athletic" and for you it can mean fat dude, tall dude, famous dude, ripped dude etc.

It doesn't matter in MMA, you need to know how to fight, which usually means several years of dedicated training. Maybe this guy has trained boxing or something during his youth?

Looks like he has practised his striking, but no idea what he's like on the ground or if someone actually hits him back.

But no doubt the a-level athlete shit will start again.

He's scored the same number of points in the NBA as anyone posting here.
He'll do as well at MMA as he did in the NBA.

hard to really commentate on his technique when the camera is focused mostly on his head and shoulders and 1/3 of the video is music and shots of trophies and Brock Lesnar sign.

i'll say this though, everyone looks good hitting pads and bags. you ever see Lavar Johnson hit the pads?
giphy.gif

really nice hand speed for a HW, good accuracy, sharp, no wasted movement, no telegraphing or wind up, and punches are put together very nicely.

cut to how he actually punches when he fights
giphy.gif

Put him on Dana White Contender Series. heavyweight needs all the people it can get

I mean the video is 57 seconds long and shows about 10-12 seconds of very light pad work and the rest is just random...what kind of assertion can you make from that???

Gets knocked out by Roy Nelson in the first round on an unaired bellator prelim

hard to really commentate on his technique when the camera is focused mostly on his head and shoulders and 1/3 of the video is music and shots of trophies and Brock Lesnar sign.

i'll say this though, everyone looks good hitting pads and bags. you ever see Lavar Johnson hit the pads?
giphy.gif

really nice hand speed for a HW, good accuracy, sharp, no wasted movement, no telegraphing or wind up, and punches are put together very nicely.

giphy.gif

Who is the bum that he’s beating up?

“This guy will destroy Jon Jones” - Jones hater on Sherdog in 2020 after the Royce White hype train

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

lavar looks like the anti carwin. yuuuge arms culminating in tiny fists. tiny fist johnson should be his nickname. bet he wears a size M.

i did enjoy when he pulverized pat's berries though

Back