RDA has accomplished more than BJ Penn at 155lb

Pious Augustus

Born With Thick Skin
Pink
Reaction score
Went on a 5 wins streak twice (separated by a loss to Khabib) against legit killers

4567567846.JPG

VS BJ Penn

56456354345345.JPG

RDA was damn good at LW. It's just a tough division to stay on top.

I don't really see BJ Penn as the LW GOAT, though i suppose I see why some do. LW has no GOAT, unlike most other male divisions. If Khabib can reign a while, it'll be him, but let's not go crowning him early.

Different level of competition back then.

And it's impressive that bj has competed at times where modern MMA was in its infancy and still competes today against legit guys.

Stevenson is a legit win and RDA never had a dominant performance like BJ against Joe or Diego

Went on a 5 wins streak twice (separated by a loss to Khabib) against legit killers

View attachment 548605

VS BJ Penn

View attachment 548607
BJ Penn defended his belt thrice. Anyone who wishes to claim the mantle of the inarguable LW goat needs to defended at least 3 times and RDA has failed. Only Khabib now has a chance of living up to this standard and maybe even beat it and set a new standard for the whole division to aspire to.

BJ Penn defended his belt thrice. Anyone who wishes to claim the mantle of the inarguable LW goat needs to defended at least 3 times and RDA has failed. Only Khabib now has a chance of living up to this standard and maybe even beat it and set a new standard for the whole division to aspire to.
leather straps at the end of the fight don't mean shit the division at the time had like 6 fighters.
people like you should be able to see right through this.
titles don't make your opponents better

Last edited:
Sherk, Florian, Sanchez, Joe Daddy are about as good as it gets.

Each guy was in their prime and Penn tore through them.

Stevenson is a legit win and RDA never had a dominant performance like BJ against Joe or Diego
I don't necessarily agree that RDA is more accomplished than Penn at LW, but RDA's title taking effort is one of greatest title upsets of all time. Outclassed Pettis from start to finish.

RDA getting no love? Didn't he starch Benson and Cowboy both in the 1st rd? And get out of here with saying RDA never dominated a fight. Dana White said RDA should've been arrested for attempted murder for his 3 rounds against Diaz.

Waiting on @bjpenngoat

giphy.gif

Having a win over Sherk > anything RDA did in his entire career. That being said, I fully agree Penn's inconsistency makes comparisons including him ridiculously slanted.

Like sure, when Penn is "on" he is the best but that's like waiting for a solar eclipse whereas RDA improved dramatically throughout his career and attained some great heights as well. To each their own

EDIT: Also, RDA lost to Dunham IMO

RDA’s winstreak when he destroyed Cerrone, Diaz, Benson, Pettis and then Cerrone again is one of the most legendary runs of all time.

BJ had a mystique about him, he was a fighters fighter. I dont think fighters think the same way about RDA.

Having a win over Sherk > anything RDA did in his entire career. That being said, I fully agree Penn's inconsistency makes comparisons including him ridiculously slanted.

Like sure, when Penn is "on" he is the best but that's like waiting for a solar eclipse whereas RDA improved dramatically throughout his career and attained some great heights as well. To each their own

EDIT: Also, RDA lost to Dunham IMO

Sherk lost to Dunham too IMO
unanimous for RDA vs split for Sherk

Sherk lost to Dunham too IMO
unanimous for RDA vs split for Sherk
When Sherk was at the tail end of his career and was riddled with injuries. Prime Sherk destroys RDA, Dunham, Pettis, and everyone else in RDA's win streak IMHO. The only people who have a chance is Bendo (Who was controlled by Ruslam's grappling before he gassed which Sherk wouldn't do) and Cowboy who really hasn't faced the greatest TD artists so a fair toss up

Never understood the premise of Bj being the LW goat when he didn’t win the belt from a former champion, lost to Frankie Edgar 3 times ( twice at LW) and his only notable wins at LW are Sherk and Sanchez. No hate for BJ.

Never understood the premise of Bj being the LW goat when he didn’t win the belt from a former champion, lost to Frankie Edgar 3 times ( twice at LW) and his only notable wins at LW are Sherk and Sanchez. No hate for BJ.
Thank you

Back