Rumble vs Ngannou

beater81

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
A dream hypothetical matchup of arguably the most powerful mma punchers ever, speed favors Rumble, size/reach favor Ngannou so who takes it? I honestly think it's a 50/50 shot for either and a real fight where whoever lands first would win.

After Lewis/Francis Im not making the same mistake. Before that I would have jizzed in my pants.

747655720o0oix.jpg

Three time the size. Book it Dana.

It basically would be Lewis vs. Ngannou part 2. That's what happens when you put two power punchers against each other.

Rumble wouldn't make weight. His head alone weights at least 175 now.

Rumble power is seriously overrated, he couldn't even ko Arlovski at heavyweight with all those bombs he landed. And rumble naturally is a lot smaller, he looks like a balloon that's about to explode at 250lbs+.
And his power is mainly from his explosiveness/speed. With all those bodybuilding and how bloated/unnatural he is at his current weight, he probably already lost 50% of his speed and not nearly as explosive as he used to be.Ngannou hit a lot harder, longer reach, bigger naturally, taller, way better chin, better heart and is just as fast. He would ko rumble in the first round without much trouble

Last edited:
Rumble power is seriously overrated, he couldn't even ko Arlovski at heavyweight with all those bombs he landed. And rumble naturally is a lot smaller, he looks like a balloon that's about to explode at 250lbs+.
And his power is mainly from his explosiveness/speed. With all those bodybuilding and how bloated/unnatural he is at his current weight, he probably already lost 50% of his speed and not nearly as explosive as he used to be.Ngannou hit a lot harder, longer reach, bigger naturally, taller, way better chin, better heart and is just as fast. He would ko rumble in the first round without much trouble
He broke Arlovski's jaw in that fight.

Maybe his power doesn't translate the same at HW as it did at LHW, but....

... however much his power is overrated, his technique is equally if not more UNDER-rated.

- His strikes are very accurate
-he gets opponents to bite on his feints (helps that they are shitting their pants)
-He NEVER gets hit clean
-He can finish fights with both hands and his feet, his kicks are very dangerous
-he has better than average wrestling which he does occasionally use, giving opponents more to think about.
- he has great control of timing and range

Last edited:
A dream hypothetical matchup of arguably the most powerful mma punchers ever, speed favors Rumble, size/reach favor Ngannou so who takes it? I honestly think it's a 50/50 shot for either and a real fight where whoever lands first would win.

Rumble wrestled Dan Hardy.
Got finished by Vitor.
Ngannou would fucking steal Rumble's soul.
Rumble couldn't even finish Arlovski at heavyweight.
Rumble also folds like an airplane. Ngannou doesn't.

I really doubt Rumble would be faster of the two at heavyweight. Ngannou by being bigger, faster, hitting harder, better chin and much bigger heart.

Whoever lands the first jaw breaker?
more like whoever is more willing to throw it.

Both clearly have killer power but both have shown they can get gun shy in certain matchups

Could be a staring contest, I'd pick a Rumble wrestling/clinch snoozer as a fairly likely outcome.

more like whoever is more willing to throw it.

Both clearly have killer power but both have shown they can get gun shy in certain matchups

Could be a staring contest, I'd pick a Rumble wrestling/clinch snoozer as a fairly likely outcome.
Somehow I don’t see a snooze fest as Rumble would come after Nagnnou....and possibly get caught or get lucky... could go either way tho’.

they hit hard but also have strong chins and have never been rocked by punches. It will be a decision fight and I don't think it would be that exciting.

Back