The overrating of GSP needs to stop

Theproof

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Let it go

The guy was good for his time but people saying that he would mop the floor with guys like Woodley and Usman are sadley mistaken.

GSP got beat by Matt Serra and Johny Hendricks clearly beat the breaks off of him and made his face look like Freddy Krueger.

Usman and Woodely are no joke. They wouldnt be fazed by GSP's little jab. I am convinced that Usman is stronger than GSP and he has better cardio too. No way GSP just holds an atheltic freak like him down all fight. Usman is literally a better, much scarier version of GSP.

I dont see GSP beating Tyrone either. I see him getting getting hit hard while throwing one of his jabs that Woodley will be waiting for. He wouldnt respect GSP's power like he did Usman's.

GSP's chin is suspect as well. He's afraid of a good punch and you can see it in the way he fights. I know he's afraid of a smack....and if he's afraid of a smack, then a smack from Usman and Tyrone Woodley will like a double barrell shotgun!

Look I know there is a nostalgia thing going on with certain fighters and their fans but we need to get over this. LET IT GO......he's not that good.

Last edited:
It's mostly the same few nuthuggers creating threads over and over. Sherdog isn't that crazy over GSP.

source.gif

Nw2vWl8.gif

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-19_11-50-57.jpeg
    upload_2019-3-19_11-50-57.jpeg
    7.1 KB · Views: 10
Lol, don't attack GSP for what his crazy fanboys do. He's still #2 GOAT, behind Fedor. You attacking him seems pathetic

Last edited:
It's because of people like you who keep saying old dominating fighters were never good brings out all the hardcore GSP fans.

Sherdog logic, new champ will always be better than old champs. And they're only as good as their last match up.

I'm not even a GSP fan but to say Woodley would mop the floor with GSP is stupid. Woodley was never good. He was not even a gatekeeper when GSP was champ. You don't even know who Usman was until his recent fight. Everybody was saying it should be Colby for the title. Fook off you casuals!!

The Usman that fought woodley finishes prime Georges

I've never been a fan, myself. But he is certainly worth the praise he gets, even from the ones who seemingly overstate it. You're saying he is overrated based on two fights. TWO FIGHTS. Everyone has a bad night here and there, but Georges has had two. Lol. Yeah, he's a bum.

Let it go

The guy was good for his time but people saying that he would mop the floor with guys like Woodley and Usman are sadley mistaken.

GSP got beat by Matt Serra and Johny Hendricks clearly beat the breaks off of him and made his face look like Freddy Krueger.

Usman and Woodely are no joke. They wouldnt be fazed by GSP's little jab. I am convinced that Usman is stronger than GSP and he has better cardio too. No way GSP just holds an atheltic freak like him down all fight. Usman is literally a better, much scarier version of GSP.

I dont see GSP beating Tyrone either. I see him getting getting hit hard while throwing one of his jabs that Woodley will be waiting for. He wouldnt respect GSP's power like he did Usman's.

GSP's chin is suspect as well. He's afraid of a good punch and you can see it in the way he fights. I know he's afraid of a smack....and if he's afraid of a smack, then a smack from Usman and Tyrone Woodley will like a doible barrell shotgun!

Look I know there is a nostalgia thing going on with certain fighters and their fans but we need to get over this. LET IT GO......he's not that good.

Who do you rate?

It's because of people like you who keep saying old dominating fighters were never good brings out all the hardcore GSP fans.

Sherdog logic, new champ will always be better than old champs. And they're only as good as their last match up.

He was good in comparison to his competition back then.

Now more skilled athletes are in the sport. Prime GSP would be a Bisping level fighter in todays UFC. A fighter who is a fringe elite fighter who can win the big one but would lose to the true elite monsters in the division.

Basically a gatekeeper and theres nothing wrong with that.

His chin is not suspect. He got hit behind his left ear in the Serra fight but he did not go out. That is it. He also came back and owned the re-match. I think a prime GSP is the best WW ever.

He was good in comparison to his competition back then.

Now more skilled athletes are in the sport. Prime GSP would be a Bisping level fighter in todays UFC. A fighter who is a fringe elite fighter who can win the big one but eould lose to the true elite mosnters in the division.

Basically a gatekeeper and theres nothing wrong with that.
raw

It's hard to over rate the greatest to ever do it bud

By overrated do you mean people calling him the GOAT instead of a top 5 all time fighter?? Seems like splitting hairs to me. GSP is an all time great, who cares who the GOAT is? There is a small cluster of GOATS in diff. weight classes, IMO GSP is very fairly rated

Also... LMAO @ "GSP's chin is suspect"

Back