fighters with most heart (tested and proven)

• Thread starter Deleted member 556651
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 556651

i will start with the latest.
Ben askren. last fight was very impressive.

Tony Ferguson, whether its inside or outside the cage his mindset is impressive.

Clay Guida is a crazy mofo.

Fedor prime.

shogun.

Stefan Struve.

Korean zombie.

Don Frye.

Daniel Cormier. Hes been in bad situations in many fights but he always (apart for the head kick loss) recovers and shows a lot of mental fortitude.

Renzo Gracie (status disputed) not tapping to the Kimura was badass and crazy.

Sakuraba winning the longest fight in human history while some fighters cant survive 3 rounds without gassing was glorious.

Rory and Robbie.

Michael Bisping.

Wanderlei.

Diaz Brothers.

Robbert Whittaker/Yoel Romero both showed incredible heart in their last fight.

Michael Chandler.

Darren Elkins.

Justin gaethje.

Frankie Edgar.

Carlos Condit.

Big Nog.

Chris Lytle.

Enson Inoue.

Barboza.

Sanchez.

JDS (for me its a questionable pick but so many ppl mentioned him).

Randy couture (competed and won gold well into his 40s even though its a young man game).

Share the ones i missed and i will add them. note that im sure many more have great hearts and mental game but simply havent been tested before for example Khabib, Usman and Colby show great composure in their fights aswell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pure f*cking heart:

darren-elkins-ufc-209-3.jpg

Frankie and Hendo always deserve a mention.

Also Dan Hooker. The punishment he took from Barboza was insane!

Frankie and Hendo always deserve a mention.

Also Dan Hooker. The punishment he took from Barboza was insane!
agreed Hendo was fighting dudes twice his size most of his career LOL. Frankie is pure heart!

OP deserves to be disregarded for having left edgar off the original list.

Justin Gaethje. How the fuck did Edgar get left out of the OP? TS is a Baby Jay fan confirmed.

Tony Ferguson, whether its inside or outside the cage his mindset is impressive.

Daniel Cormier. Hes been in bad situations in many fights but he always (apart for the head kick loss) recovers and shows a lot of mental fortitude.

Renzo Gracie not tapping to the Kimura was badass and crazy.

Sakuraba and Royce going for the longest fight in human history while some fighters cant survive 3 rounds without gassing was glorious.

Rory and Robbie.

Michael Bisping.

Diaz Brothers.

Michael Chandler.

Share the ones i missed and note that im sure many more have great hearts and mental game but simply havent been tested before for example Khabib, Usman and Colby show great composure in their fights aswell.

sorry i stopped reading at Renzo, i plan to finish reading but he needs to be taken off this list. Go watch his fight with Frank shamrock when he took the fucking DQ because he knew he couldnt beat frank. He was in side contol ON TOP and took a DQ win because frank kneed him. REMOVE THAT GUY!

eddie alvarez always showed heart but he mentally broke vs Conor it was pathetic to watch. thats why i didnt include him. i would have never seen that mental collapse coming.
I think it was because he got rocked and dropped early and hard by Conor, he never fully recovered from the first knockdown
Just got outclassed it happens sometimes

Come to think of it, Barbozas toughness is underrated. He had no quit in him during the beatings he took from Khabib and Lee

Renzo Gracie not tapping to the Kimura was badass and crazy.

Sakuraba and Royce going for the longest fight in human history while some fighters cant survive 3 rounds without gassing was glorious.

Rory and Robbie.

Michael Bisping.

Diaz Brothers.

Michael Chandler.

Share the ones i missed and note that im sure many more have great hearts and mental game but simply havent been tested before for example Khabib, Usman and Colby show great composure in their fights aswell.

and take off Royce, hes a guy who had hand picked opponents, is a known cheater...then demanded NO TIME LIMIT thinking it would help him than QUIT in the fight.. the exact oppisite of what you are posting about..

i agree with the rest of them though!

I think it was because he got rocked and dropped early and hard by Conor, he never fully recovered from the first knockdown
Just got outclassed it happens sometimes
he quit. he broke under the spotlight of the biggest ufc card at the time. thats what happened.

and take off Royce, hes a guy who had hand picked opponents, is a known cheater...than demanded NO TIME LIMIT thinking it would help him than QUIT in the fight.. the exact oppisite of what you are posting about..

i agree with the rest of them though!
agreed but going 1 and a half hour vs sakuraba takes a lot of heart. most fighters nowadays quit after 10mins.

Back