Do you think Till will still be arrogant after being knocked dead by Masvidal?

Hornett

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Will Till still talk as if he is the best welterweight in the world after that crushing defeat by Masvidal? I found it quite satisfying watching him get knocked out.

At least Conor has his money and fame to carry on the arrogance, Till will have to recreate him self and come back as a hungry humble fighter

(only to get knocked out again at middle weight )

Hopefully!

What I don't get is.....why did Till not react earlier in round 2?

Masdival did start tagging him before the KO but he didn't back up or change anything up, just took them.
Which allowed him to find him with his range.

I don’t think he was that bad during the build up to this fight. Maybe I missed something? Got to be confident in this sport and promote yourself. He seemed very respectful to Masvidal.

I don’t think he was that bad during the build up to this fight. Maybe I missed something? Got to be confident in this sport and promote yourself. He seemed very respectful to Masvidal.
I agree with this completely you have to be confident and have that self belief that you are one of the best in the world to compete at the top 10 level especially at ww. He will only grow from this and his best days are surely ahead of him still

Hope not, dude was so arrogant not that long ago, now was put to sleep by the #11 guy, not the best idea, i guess now he should move up before he takes more years off his career with huge cuts.

This wasn't just a normal loss imo. That was an incredibly brutal KO that can take a big toll and his only 24. He sparred with HWs before and was probably riding that he was invincible to knockout. He couldn't walk until 5-10 minutes after. He should take some time off, go back to the drawing board and get an easier fight for when he returns.

Has Conor changed after Khabib?
There's no reason to think Till will be any different.

I didn't think he was too arrogant before really. They hyped him so hard he was kinda forced to play the part but even in the pre-fight presser his response to criticism that he keeps his chin high was that everyone has faults in their game.

I think people too often hate on a guy for being overhyped when that shouldn't be on them. He seems like a decent guy to me

Till's a hype job by the UFC machine to try & create another UK star/draw. His hands' down herky jerky striking style doesn't work against any striker whom isn't concerned w/ the size difference. Back to mediocrity Conor Lite.

Hopefully!

What I don't get is.....why did Till not react earlier in round 2?

Masdival did start tagging him before the KO but he didn't back up or change anything up, just took them.
Which allowed him to find him with his range.

He ate some combo punches that were thrown to land, not necessarily thrown for great impact. The fact that they didn't phase him gave him false confidence that Masvidal didn't have the power to hurt him. Wrong.

I didn't think he was too arrogant before really. They hyped him so hard he was kinda forced to play the part but even in the pre-fight presser his response to criticism that he keeps his chin high was that everyone has faults in their game.

I think people too often hate on a guy for being overhyped when that shouldn't be on them. He seems like a decent guy to me
I didnt think he was arrogant. Yes he was hyped but i can seperate how the ufc chooses to market him,from the man himself,and I liked Darren Till. Guy comes to fuckin bang,and of course you gotta believe your the best. These people who like to "see hype jobs destroyed" are just self loathing people who are hammering nails into their own nutsacks as we speak.

Without a doubt he'll still be cocky. The delusion is strong with this one. Very similar to Kevin "The Suburban Michigan Gatekeeper" Lee.

Will Till still talk as if he is the best welterweight in the world after that crushing defeat by Masvidal? I found it quite satisfying watching him get knocked out.

Till wasn't arrogant at all, prior to this fight.

Why is everyone going at Till so hard? Are we really pretending that he didn't almost take out Masvidal 10 seconds into the fight?

If Till had a good top game and learned how to land some real ground and pound he would have likely finished Masvidal in the 1st round. He looked like he didn't know what to do on the ground at all and let Masvidal off the hook. If he had KO'd Jorge in the 1st round, which he truly could have, all of you would be on his nuts right now.

Masvidal is 34 and has 46 fights. Experience and composure is what won Masivdal this fight. Darren Till is extremely green compared to him, he can continue to improve a lot over the years.

Till needs to move up to MW and work on his ground game. His striking is high level and he hits hard, with the proper adjustments he could be a problem at MW.

Last edited:
He will say something about being humble and learned something.......then go back to the exact same shit. But this time with Leon in the main event and Till on the prelims

He still carries himself in an arrogant manner. He was insulting Leon Edwards at the press conference and treating him as if he was garbage but truthfully Leon probably has more talent than Till does.

Back