Is Johnny Walker unpredictable enough for Jon Jones?

suhdude

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

Watching this clip of Jon Jones talking about how he approaches his opponents got me thinking, is Walker unpredictable in how he fights?

Jonathan studies his opponents very meticulously and one can say that the first thing Walker needs to get tested on is his wrestling. Feed dc to walker imo to get him prepped for jones. Him knocking out gus won’t do anything. If dc is too fat then he should fight latifi next.

You think DC is available for LHW contender fights lmao?

Misha was supposed to be a test of Walker's wrestling and he got KO'd in like 30 seconds lol...

Walker will ko jones and everybody else at LHW and HW in the same night

Less time Johnny spends in the cage, the less knowledge Jones will have about him.

<seedat>

Johnny via KO R1.

As long as he doesn't decide to give the fight right to Jones like Gus and Smith did

Jones has never fought anyone who moves the way Walker does or is as unpredictable as him. Also nobody bigger than him, which Walker would comfortably be. He's a nightmare matchup for Jones

Fuck him he look like a 6'6 version of barao, he's cringy as fuck and we dont know if he's champion caliber yet.

Watching this clip of Jon Jones talking about how he approaches his opponents got me thinking, is Walker unpredictable in how he fights?

Jonathan studies his opponents very meticulously and one can say that the first thing Walker needs to get tested on is his wrestling. Feed dc to walker imo to get him prepped for jones. Him knocking out gus won’t do anything. If dc is too fat then he should fight latifi next.

I say give him Glover or Gus/Anderson winner.

One of tko loss was because jump right into his opponent wildly. .

Here he is fighting Wagner Prado (UFC caliber fighter)..

Does he have a puncher chance? Sure. But I think Jones does finish him in the later rounds. Mark my words.

This is what favors Walker the most.

IMO he needs to keep as little information as possible from Jones. Mind you Jones probably already has several guys spying on the kid.

I don't think this kid has felt the power and strength a guy like Jones has. He's flashy and overconfident at this point, needs a couple more decisive wins over top 10. He reminds me a lot of a young Jones too, I'm sure his career will be a good one.

If he shows up looking like his twin sister, I doubt Jones would've predicted that.

v7VGi2z.jpg

a lack of game tape =/= unpredictable

Way too early to tell.

LOL at feed DC to him.

Johnny is the definition of a hype train. He hasn't beaten anyone, yet.

Wait till he fights your Glovers, Gus's, then we'll see.

I think so. Jones won't be used to someone being able to tag him from his engagement range.

I think the big questions are: Will Jones be able to take him down, and hold him long enough to get a sub?

Will Jones be strong enough to get out of Walkers vice grip thai clinch?

If Walker opens with that powerful leg kick it could rattle Jones if he doesn't grab it, or retaliate immediately then I could see Jones go to his wrestling, and try for a submission. If Jones stands with Walker I think this fight will end in short order with Jones waking from a dirt nap.

I think basing opinion on Walker's looses is folly because it was 3 years ago, and he has undoubtedly grown quite a bit as a fighter since then. Basing it on his quality of opponents is also a bit of a folly because we have seen his skills, and one of his flurry's in RD 2/3? IDK was quite long and powerful.

IMO he has top level skills in striking that should worry everyone in the division. If he builds up some TDD he is going to be a handful.

Last edited:
Walker is fun to watch, but he's doing the things he's doing against low level guys. Even if he was tearing through LHW you still have to know that there is Jon Jones and then there is everyone else.

Back