Reaction score
Cause i believe, even if somehow they got the belt, any of the contenders:

- Woodley
- Colby
- Askren
- Wonderboy
- Lawler
- Masvidal

don't have the strengh, striking + wrestling, and mentality to become a long reigning champ as Usman.

Ummmm GSP off the top of my head.

You didn't say current so there's that.

None of them will be as dominant as Georges.

I think Rory could beat Usman and Colby but isn't there anymore.

I think Wonderboy could possibly beat them both as well.

Won't be surprised if Colby beats Usman.

depends how quickly people figure him out. Right now, no ones close.

Conor once he jumps to ww!

Only joking. But a young gsp. I think usman may be champ for a while.

- Woodley
- Colby
- Askren
- Wonderboy
- Lawler
- Masvidal

don't have the strengh, striking + wrestling, and mentality to become a long reigning champ as Usman.
Recency bias noob alert.

<YeahOKJen>
Usman isn't a dominant champion he's not even a defending champion.

Usman will not lose to any of these fighters. His game is very solid. Maybe someone with very good wrestling AND Jiu-Jitsu could force him to do the standup. Only someone with very good Jiu-Jitsu AND very good striking (some WW José Aldo) would win easily. If RDA improve to this level of takedown defense, the fight coud be very different than the first one. But the problem is RDA size: he is physically big in the main, but his height doesn't help.

It's a triple threat between Usman Colby and Ben. Grapplers rule 170 right now

How about we let him defend even ONCE before calling him a dominant champion? At least you didn’t call him GOAT.

Lawler is already a more dominant champion...He successfully defended twice, already.

*Great thread*

tenor.gif

Colby is the only other one that could be dominant for a while. Not convinced he beats usman though.

Askren is also an interesting addition. I dont think askren will be able to go that far with his shitty striking and only grappling style. Robbie did some significant damage to him as soon as the fight started. I thought it was about to get called.

- Woodley
- Colby
- Askren
- Wonderboy
- Lawler
- Masvidal

Hard to say but the way he beat Woodley makes me say no. Colby is similar in style accept worse at everything, Askren probably can't get him down, Wonderboy likely can't stop the takedown, Lawler woud be interesting and Masidal would be like the Meek fight.

Until he defends 9 times, it will always be GSP.

Usman literally just won the belt, zero defenses and some of you are already calling him unbeatable. Watch him win his next, then be called ''WW GOAT'', then lose the fight after and be called a can.

Askren beats him, I'll bet money on it. Ben has an iron chin and with a physique like Usman has he fades in rounds 4 and 5 when Ben starts riding him like a horse.

Also Usman seems very top heavy with twig legs, easy for Ben to pick up and slam.

I don't think anybody right now has a clear case for dominance potential. Usman is arguably the best right now, though we shall see how he matches with Colby's aggressive wrestling game.

In any case, he just won the title. Let's wait a little before talking about domination.

Back