I love Masvidal, but how does he not get suspended?

UFCBlackbelt

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
People have been suspended for way less, I assume that Battery would carry some weight especially considering it was recorded.

In my ideal world I DO NOT want any suspension for him, I think he's a G.

I love you bro, but he doesn't. Just that simple.

Peace

tenor.gif

Something about "decided not to press charges" rings a bell.

He took advantage of there being no commission in England. imo It will be solely up to UFC to dole out any punishment.

So he'll get a slap on teh wrist..

People have been suspended for way less, I assume that Battery would carry some weight especially considering it was recorded.

Because him vs Leon Edwards now has some buzz to it, so UFC will like that, plus Masvidal should be now ranked #3 in UFC and he should be high-up in the list to get a title-shot, so again, UFC will probably give him a little slap on the wrist and that will probably be that.

Three months should be sufficient for him to pay for his crime.

I just hope they don't take his bonus money away. He earned that.

THIS

If Conor only gets a slap on the wrist for throwing a dolly at a bus injuring several fighters, what makes you think Masvidal will get suspended for attacking someone who was talking shit?

he would be suspended if this happened in Nevada. There's no athletic commission in the UK to suspend him and it's not worth a criminal investigation.

The man was clearly defending himself and afraid for his well being, obviously threatened by the hooligan Leon Edwards.

<JonesLaugh>

UFC likes the publicity and Jorge knows how to talk to avoid any legal trouble. “I feared for my safety” lmfao

Happened in the UK. This is normal over there. Way worse shit happens every weekend at soccer (football) games. If anyone were to punish him, it would be the police. But Edwards doesn't want to press charges.

So the only people that could suspend Masvidal are the UFC. And to be honest, they'd probably rather use this media attention to hype a fight between Masvidal and Edwards, rather than punish Masvidal. This would be a great ESPN event headliner now.

I do think there should be a UFC mandated fine for the instigator of physical altercations. The only way to mitigate these scenarios is to hit the bank accounts.

I like Masvidal's new look.

He looks more like a real fighter, rather than someone trying to be some manscaped pretty boy.

He honestly looks like a bit of a goof in this GIF, and that's not him at all.

Yeah, it's not a good precedent to set...especially if the Diaz bros. ever get active again. Forget water bottles, they can just throw punches at weigh-ins, press conferences, etc. and not get punished.

If you want him to get suspended you’re a SJW loser. Suspend Edwards too right for interrupting a live interview and starting the shit?

What a twerp
{<jordan}

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back