ESPN embracing Masvidal's TKO of Leon Edwards ...

Psychedelic

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
... was a good move IMHO.

(timestamped)

ESPN's Brett Okamoto seemed sympathetic to Masvidal's case against Leon Edwards. He certainly didn't act like that on his own.

MMA is a brutal sport, and I'm glad ESPN understands the sport and things that can happen in it. Instead of stigmatizing Masvidal, they allowed him to thoroughly explain why he acted the way he did.

ESPN is breaking kayfabe here. They're supposed to pretend that it's bad and terrible while continuing to publicize it.

I haven't followed this story closely , all I know is that Edwards was talking shit and Masvidal attacked him because of it.

That's assault and battery....

Can somebody who does this kind of thing make a video where after Jorge lands the combo it cuts to these 2 back in studio..

ac6b1d69fdf3df06a34e6a253efde686--tessa-on-sunday.jpg

ooo, ouch...i hope she's alright.. that didn't look good

I haven't followed this story closely , all I know is that Edwards was talking shit and Masvidal attacked him because of it.

only if the "victim" presses charges

Talk shit, get hit.

Some of these shameless self-promoters who will talk shit about anyone need to understand that there are real hood thugs in this sport.

WAR Masvidal !

Espn showed this a 100x.

Two weeks *of training and Odor would win ufc gold. Already throws bombs better than most ufc guys.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
ESPN all about them clicks!

They're getting clicks because they're doing a really good job. That skit with Chael and Askren evaluating combat sports trash talk was gold.

Also the team they put together is awesome. Seeing Chael and Bisping banter on the post-fight show is fun.

I think it's a good thing. If fighters agitate other fighters then they get what's coming to them. Simply tell them that if they involve legal action they will be released from the UFC.

Leon had zero reason to smack talk Masvidal backstage when he was having an interview. It was a bitch move and he knows it. Let him take his licks like a man.

Basketball players, baseball players, hockey players, etc. all get into fist fights on the court ALL the time. It is the best part of hockey and baseball (when the benches clear).

Because a CAGE FIGHTER gets into a fight backstage it is breaking and deplorable news?

Talk shit, get hit.

Some of these shameless self-promoters who will talk shit about anyone need to understand that there are real hood thugs in this sport.

WAR Masvidal !
“Fake realities will create fake humans. Or, fake humans will generate fake realities and then sell them to other humans, turning them, eventually, into forgeries of themselves. So we wind up with fake humans inventing fake realities and then peddling them to other fake humans. It is just a very large version of Disneyland. You can have the Pirate Ride or the Lincoln Simulacrum or Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride – you can have all of them, but none is true.”

Philip K. Dick

not it's not...same way you don't charge hockey players when they fight during the game...they were still at the arena..therefore, any fights that take place, is all part of the game...whether or not they're actually fighting the cage or not..this was a mutual confrontation...mas didn't sucker punch him..he was provoked..

Basketball players, baseball players, hockey players, etc. all get into fist fights on the court ALL the time. It is the best part of hockey and baseball (when the benches clear).

Because a CAGE FIGHTER gets into a fight backstage it is breaking and deplorable news?

exactly what I said...if it occurs at the same place as the event takes place...it's not assault...at least in my view...fighters fighting..gee..it happens all the time...boxers taking a swing at another fighter at a weigh in..happens all the time in boxing..charges are never filed...

Back