Both Kamaru Usman and Leon Edwards would’ve given prime gsp hell

GrayArea

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Can you name two fighters gsp beat that were as athletic, explosive, and as well-rounded as Usman and Edwards?

You can’t. Both of these guys hit like a train and have elite grappling. On top of that, I’m willing to bet they are both physically more stronger than Georges or anyone he’s beaten. And their cardio is insane.

Discuss

LMAO

Prime GSP would've beat both of them back-to-back without breaking a sweat

Even current GSP mops the floor with them

Can you name two fighters gsp beat that were as athletic, explosive, and as well-rounded as Usman and Edwards?

You can’t. Both of these guys hit like a train and have elite grappling. On top of that, I’m willing to bet they are both physically more stronger than Georges or anyone he’s beaten.

Discuss
Gsp could take Leon down and GSP would probably get mauled by usman

GSP would decision Edwards pretty easily, Usman's a real close fight though.

You can’t. Both of these guys hit like a train and have elite grappling. On top of that, I’m willing to bet they are both physically more stronger than Georges or anyone he’s beaten. And their cardio is insane.

Discuss
LOL at Usman and Edwards hitting like a train and having elite grappling (Usman does) . Kos is a better opponent than both not to mention Hendricks . GSP destroys these fools.

Another day another thread of fighterbashing machine @GrayArea trying to downplay the GOAT . Clearly one of the worst trolls of all time alongside Toner and NotSoSure

giphy.gif

Serious question for you @GrayArea and @Mason who do you favor in a matchup prime vs prime Max Griffin or GSP ?

Usman vs GSP is interesting. They're about the same size and Usman never abandoned his wrestling for the sake of striking. At the least GSP who fought Hendricks would have a tough time against Usman. You obviously make GSP the favorite because hes GSP. But I'd watch

I don't think Leon is on that level and I think GSP is better everywhere than Usman, in addition to being faster and more explosive. Kamaru is probably still improving though.

Discuss

I agree with you. You'll get a lot of detractors but you are absolutely right. Just remember that about 99 percent of the mma community was saying Usman had no way to beat Woodley weeks ago. Quantity does not equal quality. Just because there are a lot of idiots that share the same flawed opinions does not make it right

Last edited:
Usman would have given GSP a good fight (but probably lost), Edwards would have been beaten pretty easily imo. I think Edwards loses to several of the guys GSP has beaten and Usman would lose to a couple of em too.

Do you stay up late thinking about GSP?

Leon is wack.

Usman vs GSP would be a good fight.

I think Usman would give gsp a run.

Edwards though LMAOOOOO

Do you stay up late thinking about GSP?
No, I think about my girlfriend and about how the human race must stick together to overthrow the 1% and current system

How about you?

Truth, the WW division is arguably the most evolved division along with LW. It is a great time to be a MMA fan.

Leon Edwards could have lost that split decision to Gunnar Nelson.

Back