Paulo Costa says he was offered interim title fight with Gastelum after Adesanya initially declined

Locke

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
“The UFC offered it to Adesanya, (and) he said ‘No, I don’t want to fight for the interim,’” Costa said in his native Portuguese. “Then, the UFC offered me the fight with Gastelum. I said, ‘I’ll take it.’ Then they talked to Adesanya again, and Adesanya said yes. Since I was already with (Yoel) Romero, they put Adesanya there and me with Romero.”

“Regardless of who wins, Adesanya or Gastelum, when they fight for the title – if it happens, that fight for the title, because there can be injuries, a lot of things can happen – but if they fight for the undisputed title with Whittaker, I believe that, beating Romero, I’ll be next,” Costa said. “I’ll be awaiting this fight.”

https://mmajunkie.com/2019/02/ufc-paulo-costa-accepted-interim-title-fight-before-israel-adesanya

That would have been a war can't even call it.

Still wish Tony would have stepped up against Max

Likewise, the Tony vs Khabib match up still has it's mystique and is still THE marquee match up in the Lightweight Division.

It's a must happen, it's so close, but feels millions of miles away.

He should be mad because he's got a lot tougher fight against Romero.

@Sansnom zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Go to sleep grandpa and take your meds.
Grandpa?

Lol. So Costa agrees to face Gastelum for interim belt, leaving Romero with no opponent and then Adesanya changes his mind.

Adesanya scared of Romero confirmed.

Proper whiner that adesanya .. you don't even deserve a title shot why should the reigning champ be stripped so you can fight for the belt

Adesanya bitching he deserves a TS lol. Mark my words, if Costa beats Yoel he'll leap from both of them

Likewise, the Tony vs Khabib match up still has it's mystique and is still THE marquee match up in the Lightweight Division.

It's a must happen, it's so close, but feels millions of miles away.
I honestly can't think of a fight in all of combat sports that I want to see more than Tony vs Khabib.

Adesanya probably shit his pants when UFC told him hey well you gotta fight Romero then since you declined.

Back