Did UFC Prague just overdeliver?

Eckhart Tolle

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I went in with low expectations, and found the card exceeded my expectations. Kudos to all the fighters!

Seems like it happens a lot in cards with no expectations are fun and entertaining while cards with lots of expectations underdeliver

yeah, it was a good card. a bunch of people said yan vs dodson was gonna be boring, but im pretty sure that was FOTN.

petr's such an exciting prospect man, barely any boring moments with him.

I think you’re a fool if you put expectations on a card beforehand. Let it do what it do.

I was entertained.

Now the guys who aint hurt too bad can enjoy beautiful Prague over the weekend. Jealous.

Prague_Castle_By_Night-56b787c65f9b5829f839d952.jpg

01_paddock-girl__gp_1178-2.gallery_full_top_lg.jpg

It was actually pretty much what I expected. Few good fights on the prelims, Petr Yan and Santos delivered. Otherwise a "meh" card. Michał Oleksiejczuk was the only one that "over delivered", and that's probably just on me for never having heard of him.

@Eckhart Tolle "It is often said that you will be happier if your expectations are lower,” Dr. Robb Rutledge, the senior research associate at University College London (UCL) who led the study, said in a statement. “We find that there is some truth to this: Lower expectations make it more likely that an outcome will exceed those expectations and have a positive impact on happiness.”

Snatched that off google real quick. It's almost a trend now that fight nights without the biggest names tend to be good though. Could be because there aren't any big expectations placed on them. It's all relative though like @dittohead84 just posted.

Now the guys who aint hurt too bad can enjoy beautiful Prague over the weekend. Jealous.

Prague_Castle_By_Night-56b787c65f9b5829f839d952.jpg

01_paddock-girl__gp_1178-2.gallery_full_top_lg.jpg

Prague is easily one of the most captivating cities of Europe, if not the most.

Card was pretty good actually but my god... that main event leaves a bad taste in my mouth. LHW is the worst division by

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Seen this yet?
Dwight Grant vs Pedersoli
3NrsX.gif

Brutal KO on the prelims.

Last edited:
Michał Oleksiejczuk was the only one that "over delivered", and that's probably just on me for never having heard of him.

22-year-old Ismail Naurdiev made his UFC debut and defeated (as the heavy underdog) Michel Prazeres who was on an 8-fight winstreak.
I'd call that over-delivering.

22-year-old Ismail Naurdiev made his UFC debut and defeated (as the heavy underdog) Michel Prazeres who was on an 8-fight winstreak.
I'd call that over-delivering.

Yeah, you're right.

It was everything I expected. These European cards always have great matchups and rising talent giving it everything.

It only over-delivered to sherdoggers who spent the weeks running up to it complaining about how shit a card it was and how few known names were on it...

It was an entertaining card, all in all-better than expected.

It's so shocking that a card with 10 or 11 cage fights can be exciting regardless of the talent level.

Back