Sprint-punchers in MMA

Breaking

One shall stand, and one shall fall.
@Black
Reaction score
What’s with this idiotic striking strategy? Has it ever worked? It’s one thing if the guy’s hurt and he’s already fighting for his life, but leading with it is just dumb as hell...

giphy.gif

JwdS.gif

UnselfishSilverCuckoo.gif

tumblr_o78bhmlLWB1qa33wlo1_500.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Carlos Condit is literally a sprint puncher and he always leaves his chin up, yet his fan-base claims that he is one of the best strikers in the UFC lmao

I mean, it sometimes works... but you leave yourself open for a counter that might not even have to be full force to drop you...

Came here for "Spirit Punchers"

Hoping to see some Catholic MMA fighters

Came here for "Spirit Punchers"

Hoping to see some Catholic MMA fighters

Same here, although "sprint-punching" is a good one, too. I can see it going mainstream.

Anyway, it's not a bad thing to do, provided the first punch you landed was a counter to your opponent's advance and actually hurt your opponent.

it could work but depends on who you are fighting and if your chin is able to take a counter shot.

It's the most amateur shit you'll see in mma. To still see it in nearly every fight is embarrassing. When Forrest did it against Anderson I recall everyone in the bar laughed and called him a bum.

But they started sprint-punching after their opponents were already hurt and retreating. That’s way different than trying to somehow create openings with sprint-punches...

Hermansson wasnt hurt, but the guy has never dropped anyone with a punch so it was pretty smart of Santos to crowd him.

Hermansson wasnt hurt, but the guy has never dropped anyone with a punch so it was pretty smart of Santos to crowd him.

Yes he was. Santos hit him with a hard body kick early in the round, which clearly hurt him. And one second before that gif starts, Santos hits him with a switch-kick to the body that hurt him again and caused him to retreat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back