Petr Yan should fight Cody Garbrandt or Aljamain Sterling

Kaiokenrye24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
He's ready for that level of competition! He's always adding new tools to his striking arsenal and his pace/pressure is just brutal.

It would be cool to see him fight in America more often

I was pretty impressed by him

He dealt with the speed and power of Dodson and just kept marching forward. Good chin, great cardio, very powerful hands and good grappling

Sterling makes sense next for sure

I agree, but I also think the winner of Garbrandt/Munes next week will fight Sterling. I suggest he fight Raphael Assuncao or he can fight Munhoz if he loses. Agree tho he deserves a stronger challenge.

I was at UFC 232 and Yan really impressed me.

Didn't watch the fight against Dodson right now but it sounds like he handled him without any trouble. Dodson was a good test for Yan and I was actually looking forward to that fight.

Sounds like Yan is ready for someone in that 4-6 range.

If Cody beats Munhoz I think they might make him vs Moraes, maybe on cejudo TJ 2 undercard
Dodson is shot anyway

Next title shot is Marlon. After he KOs TJ in the first round he fights Petr after he wins his next fight which will be against a top 5.

He doesn't look that impressive to me, I don't see him cracking the top 15 at all.

Yeah, Sterling or Garbrandt (if he wins) would be perfect.

I'd definitely like to see him against a top 5-ish guy next.

Are you trolling? Dodson is ranked #9.
Jimmie Rivera looks more dominant against Dodson than Yan did and look how he did against the top 5(sterling and Moraes). Cruz, Dillashaw, Cody, Marlon, Lineker, Assuncao, sterling would all beat him

Last edited:
Jimmie rivera look dominant against dodson than Yan did and look how he did against the top 5(sterling and morae).

You said he won't crack the top 15 after he just beat the #9. Do you know how to count?

You said he won't crack the top 15 after he just beat the #9. Do you know how to count?
Okay theres some grammar error there, I meant the top 5 not top 15. Either way I don't see him beating Cruz, Dillashaw, Cody, Marlon, Lineker, Assuncao, sterling, rivera

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back