Calling it now, Max beats Poirier and Khabib

Fatback96

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
First of all let me say that Tony deserves to fight Khabib and no one else, but UFC is once again screwing over the #1 Contender in the (arguably)hardest weight class in the UFC. Max in no way deserves to get this title shot, with LW in such a log jam.
With all of that said, Max is a cardio machine with a granite chin and very good TDD.
We've seen this happen so many times now: any super-fight always results in the person from the lower weight class beating the higher weight class.
Max is a huge featherweight so he might not have the speed advantage against Poirier or Khabib, but I still favor him against both.
Max is on a different level right now, and outstikes Poirier to a UD or late TKO.
Then he fights Khabib, who he out-paces to a late TKO.
The LW division is about to get screwed even more than it already was, and Max will be the cause of it. This isn't his fault, bc I don't blame him for taking the fight, it's the UFC being stupid.
Edit: You heard it here first. Khabib smashes until he gasses to get TKO'd late.

Last edited:
He beats dustin but Khabib smash.

How are they screwing over tony when they offered him the title shot vs max and he said no. I don’t get why tony would say no it is what it is

{<jordan}

it doesn't even matter who the winner of this fight is... a fight against poirier or max would be very favorable for khabib

I'd love to see Max vs Khabib or Fergy.

He beats Porier by whatever he wants early.

I wouldn't be surprised if he TKOs Poirier but the Khabib fight will be hell

I honestly think Holloway has a better chance against Khabib than Tony does (on the feet at least). His cardio is insane, he has better striking than Tony, he has a better chin than Tony, and he's in his prime.

Also, we don't know what kind of animal Holloway could be at 155...

Max can't beat Khabib, it's impossible. Only Tony can beat Khabib at 155.

How are they screwing over tony when they offered him the title shot vs max and he said no. I don’t get why tony would say no it is what it is
You mean they are giving him the intern title shot they recently took away from him
<Arya01>

Poirer is going to finish max, the illusion of greatness is over
Diamond bless

Haha, Khabib is a horrible matchup for Max. The wrestling he brings to the table, is on a different level to anyone in FW..

First of all let me say that Tony deserves to fight Khabib and no one else, but UFC is once again screwing over the #1 Contender in the (arguably)hardest weight class in the UFC. Max in no way deserves to get this title shot, with LW in such a log jam.
With all of that said, Max is a cardio machine with a granite chin and very good TDD.
We've seen this happen so many times now: any super-fight always results in the person from the lower weight class beating the higher weight class.
Max is a huge featherweight so he might not have the speed advantage against Poirier or Khabib, but I still favor him against both.
Max is on a different level right now, and outstikes Poirier to a UD or late TKO.
Then he fights Khabib, who he out-paces to a late TKO.
The LW division is about to get screwed even more than it already was, and Max will be the cause of it. This isn't his fault, bc I don't blame him for taking the fight, it's the UFC being stupid.
Cardio and Granite chin are not going to help Max not get wrestlefucked to 50-45 a decision or even get subbed. Max has improved a lot since his debut, sure, but he was taken down by Conor of all people, so his initial level of wrestling was not high enough to compete with the elite MMA wrestlers in the UFC back then. Has Max improved his TDD and groundgame so much that he will be able to neutralize Khabib - the guy who has literally grappled his entire life? The answer is a resounding NO! This is why I don't believe Max will win against Khabib.

Like mentioned. Beats Dustin... most likely. But Khabib smashed him... would love to see him vs Ferguson down the road.

Bold prediction, I'm with you TS, Khabib will undoubtedly be his toughest test(If Khabib agrees to fight him and stops eyeing Boxing matches) But Max may very well be the savior of the Lightweight Division.

Yeah. I like all 3 fighters too but Max is my boy. He should definitely beat Dustin, not so sure about Khabib though. He isn't the hardest hitter, I think Khabib bullies him to a decision

Back